Shield Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shield Colors

Okay, there may be no shield here, but the "Civilization Indicator Bar" will not change colors at all. Will I took the Russians (White) and replaced all the white in the three rows and the flag into variations of red (Yes, in the City.bmp). But in the game, while the City names are red, the shield colors is still white (Well, really a grey). Why is this not working? Is there something in the flag box I have to change?

I would also like to know how to change the "shield" color, if at all possible, some of those colors are anoying
    Alexandre Madeira
    I create worlds. :)

Comment

The flags in city.bmp no longer control the shield color. The colors are controlled by the rules text, which is really no choice at all. The shield colors are very hard to differentiate. It's hard to tell who is your enemy and who is your friend.
      "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
      --

Comment

I tried that too, but the colors didn't even change.

Comment

There is a file in the ToT root directory named pattern.gif. This may have somthing to do with the colors.

Comment

A .gif? I thought all the files were .bmp's, but I'll look at it anyway...

Minutes Later

Looks exactly like the original Civ2 file, but with the entire palette in the Settler's position. How would that help?

[This message has been edited by Fast_Eddie (edited February 24, 2000).]

Comment

Read Allard's tip on the the civ pallet, http://sleague.apolyton.net/Guides/sldt_palette.shtml .

The Units.gif has, in previous versions, been the pallete supplier. Iterestingly a units gif named palette is included with ToT. Is this an accident? I think not.

Comment

I will have to take a looksee into this...

Comment

Has anyone had any luck with this?

(I don't really know what I am doing, only fiddling)

I replaced the pallete with the transparent pink colour, for a laugh, but it appears to have no effect. If removing the pallette doesn't do anything I don't see what does.

There are now 3 lines of colour above the flags in cities.bmp. The middle one doesn't appear to control anything. The bottom one gives the colour of the City Size box and the Unit 'shield' although the Unit colour is always darker. Somewhere there has got to be a filter which makes the colour darker. I have even tried to replace the colour of the 'shield' in units.bmp with one of the colours used (red or dark red) in Civ2 to indicate owning Civ colour but to no avail.

In addition, don't the 16 bit .bmps have no pallette becasue they are True Colour?

Comment

Man! I don't even know what I did, but whatever it was, my shields are now the right color (Except for that ugly brownish excuse for an orange).

Somehow, I got the Civs to turn out this way:

White - Red
                    Green - Orange
                    Navy Blue - Navy Blue
                    Yellow - Yellow
                    Cyan - Cyan
                    Orange - Green
                    Purple - Dark Red

If anyone wants to see my citis.bmp I'll send it to you so that you can test it with your games!

Comment

Yes please! c.hills@bigpond.com

Comment

GIVE IT RIGHT HERE!!!! darthveda@hotmail.com

Comment

Give it too me big boy!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Please! Address in my profile is good.

Comment

Sent

Comment

Working...