Unit Sabotage by Spies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Sabotage by Spies

In ToT, spies may either bribe or sabotage a unit. "Sabotage" seems to mean dealing an attack that costs some hitpoints, but not very many. I tried to kill a cannon (original game) by sabotaging it turn after turn (about 8 altogether) with the same spy (To make this experiment work, I reloaded the game several times to kep from losing the spy.) The cannon's bar turned red and there was just a wee bit of a line, but the spy could not kill it. Either sabotage is not allowed to kill a cannon, or else the little bit of healing the cannon did each turn was enough to keep it alive.

Could anyone explain about unit sabotage?

- toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com

I believe it is impossible to kill unit with sabotage, though I didnt test too much. I only did it a few times.
    Good to see you are playing original game too

Comment

I tried it in the Civ 2 Fantastic Worlds Mars scenario, sabotaging a single unit at least once and often twice a turn for 16 consecutive turns. The unit survived until the cease-fire ended and I was able to take it out easily in a conventional attack.

Mark
      main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
      i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Comment

I remember reading that a spy can not destroy a unit through sabotaging.
        Your past experience seems to confirm this if not prove that it is at least not a practicle means.
        Buttttttttttt, on the other hand it is a very affective way to create a vet spy, and sufficiently damege larger units so they can be takin out through normal attacking. Say a battleship losses to another battleship, compared to a spy sabbotaging one first...becoming a vet and then your battleship most certainly will win. Worst that can happen is maybe your a spy will be lost...but look at the loss of resourses that way compared to the standard way

------------------
        The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus
        The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

Yes, I think that's the case. Another example is seen in the Time Threat Paradox scenario. If the Fabians get access to the Messiah unit (defense of 20) prior to yourself, using a spy in combination with a high-offense unit is far more practical than trying to kill it with an all out conventional attack. Generally a veteran spy will reduce the health bar by about half (or that's what I've tended to notice).

Comment

Working...
          X