Thinking of buying ToT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying ToT

I've heard good and bad things about it. Would you reccommend it?

------------------
    darkgrendel
    Moderator at Quantum 9

Creator of Born To Rule: a war-sim with unmoderated OT
    darkgrendel: DM, writer, and all-around raving lunatic.
    Proud member and administrator of the Wavy Club

And no, I'm not dead.

I would if you can evaluate the following;

(a.) the price doesn't concern you,
    (b.) you're really keen to see some animated graphics for Civ2,
    (c.) you're aware that it's basically the same engine as Civ2 with several game variants, and a scenario, but the fact it's not a total rewrite doesn't upset you,
    (d.) its main strength one could argue is its greater capacity for scenario development and the fact you can play on up to four (usually) linked maps.

As such, if you've got Civ2, aren't that much into scenarios, really can't be bothered to spend $X on Civ2 with animations and multi-maps, then possibly you shouldn't. If you are into Civ2 scenarios and are looking for a change, then proceed.

Comment

DarkGrendel,
      Cam was not impressed by the 4-map fantasy game in ToT, but I am (bear in mind Cam is MUCH more experienced than I). Check out my column on the fantasy game and some of my postings in this forum and see if it sparks your interest.

- toby

------------------
      toby robison
      criticalpaths@mindspring.com
      toby robison
      criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Comment

lol Toby - "Experienced"? Try "Should be spending more time doing other things"! I guess when you play lots of scenarios, you tend to look for factors that you can capitalise upon strategically (as before, two stand out - early access to 'Fundy' and one v. potent unit). Don't get me wrong, for me, ToT was a great purchase.

Comment

it seems like i've bought everything civ to come out. i think that the animated graphics are a hell of a lot smoother than the old ones. the "extended" game is just soooo much better than civ2 MPG, IMHO.

Comment

If you already have the old one, don't buy it! Check this out: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum29/H...tml?date=00:17
            That's why I think that it's a quite a waste

Also, check out this thread:
            http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum29/H...tml?date=12:51
            -Variety is the spice of life, but it gives me indegestion-
            "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." -- Dan Quayle

Comment

Working...
            X