Reasons why i'm so pissed off at Microprose:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons why i'm so pissed off at Microprose:

Okay, well for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, check out the "Why no map editor?" thread.

ToT is O.K. if you don't already have the old Civ2. But if you think about it, compare the two games:

Civ2: - ToT:

Map editor /No editor
    Rules editor /No editor
    Graphics editor /No editor
    Okay graphics /Blurry Graphics( I
    like'em anyways,
    but other
    people don't)
    One Map /Up to 4, maybe more
    Lower Events /Higher Events
    Cheaper /More expensive
    Many on multi-play /7 max. people
    Thousands of scenarios /2 (Converter doesnt
    count)
    Lots of mods /1 or 2
    Kept me playing for 3 yrs /Probably won't be
    playing very much
    by 3 months
    1 customizable game /4 not-so-
    customizable games
    Many updates (2.42) /1 update (1.1)
    Few bugs /Many bugs
    Full time and budget used on it/Cheap time-filler until Civ3

Theres a lot more, but I'm gettin' sick of typing. Well, I'll still stay with the game anyways, but I'm not gonna recommend it to anybody.

Well, those are my reasons.
    [This message has been edited by MGamer07 (edited February 22, 2000).]
    [This message has been edited by MGamer07 (edited February 22, 2000).]
    -Variety is the spice of life, but it gives me indegestion-
    "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." -- Dan Quayle

oops, that didn't do wat i wanted it to do, i wanted to make it a table like thing.
    -Variety is the spice of life, but it gives me indegestion-
    "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." -- Dan Quayle

Comment

Just so you do not try it again: the creation of tables using HTML is not permitted in these forums -- it is an abuse of HTML privledges.

----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

How is a table an abuse of HTML? I don't get it.

Comment

I agree with MGamer07, the unit graphics are blur and childish like its for kids, I believe majority of the Civ2 players are mostly adults and would like to see much "cool" graphics then these. I would rather go back to the still images then the animated ones.

Comment

Agreed, I'll eventually replace all unit graphics will the old civ2 ones, the good ones.
            Alexandre Madeira
            I create worlds. :)

Comment

I like ToT graphics and I never played original game. So maybe it is a matter of tradition? Think, if you have been offered civ2 and ToT graphics some years ago which would you choose?

I too have some complaints, but I think it is unfair to condemn the whole product. For example...I played scifi game only once and I will never again, I dont like it. But there are people who play both fantasy and scifi games, and just think how much effort a team must invest to balance gameplay in civ-like game. I respect that.

Only thing I have against microprose is that with all the animated graphics, the water is still! I got used to it playing civ1 and now I miss it...

Comment

Tables are useful on webpages, but not so much in forum posts; they are for the most part frivilous in this instance.

More to the point, someone may attempt to create a table in a post to a thread and not properly code it and potentially cause problems with the thread itself loading correctly, or at all.

----------------
                Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Double post...
                  [This message has been edited by Fast_Eddie (edited February 24, 2000).]

Comment

Okay, gotcha now. Thanks for a good reason

Comment

Working...
                    X