A bug and a question: checking happiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bug and a question: checking happiness

After the game starts to get interesting, I set the "pause at end of turn" option and check happiness at the end of every turn. I press function key 4 and look at the list of my cities to see if any is in disorder. This gets to be a real bummer when you have, say 38 cities and a slow CPU.

THE QUESTION: Is there an quicker way to check whether any city is about to go into disorder?

THE BUG (ToT fantasy, with the patch, but I bet this is a general problem): Often, the F4 listing reports that a city is RED, and shows more unhappy cits than happy ones. But when I click on the city, it turns out to have an OK proportion of happy and unhappy cits, and when I close the city, the F4 listing corrects to show the correct cit list, and removes the red. The incorrect list can be REALLY wrong, such as showing one fewer happy and two more unhappy (total nbr of cits is correct).

In my current game, three of my cities have this problem almost every other turn (specifically, every time the last unit I move is a specific hawk). Over and over I look at the cities and the problem goes away. This is particularly annoying because you have to move the mouse to open and close each city, you cannot use the ENTER key.

Comments, please?
    - toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison

toby - I don't have ToT, but I've definitely seen the problem of "stale" info on the F4 screen. I've found two ways to update the F4 info:

1) scroll through all your city displays. True micromanagers (I'm not one) do this anyway, and I can do it with the up/down arrow keys on MGE. This would also give you happiness info, but I think it's a lot more tedious than F4.

2) adjust the tax/science/luxury sliders. I'm not sure whether you have to exit the adjustment box, or whether just moving a slider and then immediately moving it back is sufficient. The latter course is obviously safer.

Comment

Adjusting the sliders sounds like a good idea, I'll try it.

Please note, we are not talking about 'stale' info in the F4 display. We are talking about NO CHANGE in the city state, while the F4 display reverts, turn after turn, to the same mistakes after I correct it by entering the city displays.

-toby

------------------
      toby robison
      toby robison

Comment

Working...
      X