Kestrel's Background Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kestrel's Background Graphics

I downloaded Kestrel's modified background files, and I've found that playing the Original Game rivers don't appear on grassland tiles with shields and reappear on the other side.

I hadn't found any old threads mentioning this. Maybe, uh, nobody else had this problem? I can just swap in the regular files again, but then I'd be straining that much more to see the &%$*@# images.

I believe the problem is that Apolyton Database has an old version of the zipped
    terrain graphics file. This particular bug was fixed some time late last year.

The latest version does not have this problem.

The most up-to-date version can be found at : http://www.users.bigpond.com/kestrel18/

Download the file :
    http://www.users.bigpond.com/Kestrel...T-Terrains.zip

Apolyton - to whom should I send updated versions of such files ?

Kind Regards,

Kestrel.

Comment

Thanks. I did some of my own mods to the Civ2 unit gifs and I appreciate how much work went into these files.

Just outta curiosity, what was the problem? Was there a tag of some sort that was accidentally blotted out? I found out the hard way that Units.gif has those little blue spots to line up the ID shields.

Comment

I think the problem is the order in which Civ 2 "layers " the graphics.

It appears to be -

First the Basic Terrain,
        Then the River,
        Then the Grassland Resource.

I had inadvertently set up the original resource graphic tile to be G. Resource image over grassland background, instead of G. Resource over Transparent background.

The only time you notice it is when the river & the Grassland Resource co-incide.

Q. I wonder what happens with the "Peat" in the Swamp. This too covers all of the tile, but I cannot remember noticing it as a problem (perhaps it occurs so rarely that no-one has been concerned enough about it to mention it, or perhaps the non-grassplan-resources are overlayed BEFORE the river graphic).

Whatever, I won't be losing too much sleep about it.

Comment

Working...
        X