Changing the game files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the game files

Has anybody found a possibility to change the game settings that can't be changed in any of the text files? I'm looking for a way to do things like changing the unrest caused by military units away from city, change the amount the police station reduces, change the amount of recources added by harbor and/or oil rig etc. I still cannot understand why there was no trigger to prevent certain types of units of causing unrest at all.
    (Thats for robot units in a sci-fi scen, for example...)
    Any Ideas?

Or is there a way to trigger some of the elemental game events from the events.txt? I'm thinking of adding some trigger which upgrades all units of a certain type ANY civ owns to the next higher type, kinda Leonardo's for all...
    (maybe John knows?)
    I realize that there possibly is no such thing, but asking doesn't cost any money...
    [This message has been edited by Cadorna (edited February 08, 2000).]

Comment

Sorry, but all the things you mention are hard-coded and can't be changed without programming--even by me. If it's any consolation, those numbers were all arrived at through a year-long process of game balancing done by some of the best designers then in the business.

I try to think of it as a greater challenge to build something interesting and different within the limitations of what I can change, rather than fretting over what I can't.

Comment

Hey, thanks alot for the reply, anyway!

Comment

Working...
        X