Multiplayer Extended Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Extended Original?

Any way to fire up a multiplayer Extended Original? I got a home lan and my Wife and I play all the time with friends...we want to do the Extended Original, but I see no option for it...I was thinking of just making my own senario to allow it, but that seems rather round about...

Suggestions?

Hrafn
    Otiosis locus hic non est, discede morator!

The reason we chose not to allow multiplayer Extended games is a little complicated. Basically, we found out during testing that whenever anyone reached Centaurus, a multiplayer game just ended. This turned out to be a result of the order in which Civ handles events during multiplayer turns, and it wasn't something that we could change in the schedule we had.

If I wanted to make a multiplayer Extended game, I would remove the possibility of building a starship (by finagling the rules.txt or maybe using the Bloodlust option)--that way no one can reach Centaurus in that way and end the game prematurely. Then, I'd set up events so that all of the things that are supposed to happen when someone reaches Centaurus are triggered instead by discovery of a technology or (and this would be more fun for players) successful completion of some sort of quest.

Hope that's helpful.

Comment

See also Civ2-ToT-Modpack-Extended-Game-No-SS-NoAliens-V2-1.zip
      which can be found at : http://www.users.bigpond.com/kestrel18/

which attempts to do exactly this.

(Gets rids of Starships, transit to new worlds is via discovery of certain key technologies,
      4 worlds in total not just 2, extra units.)

See embedded Read-Me for further details.

If you wanted you could copy the modpack into your "Original" folder, (After backing up your original files of course) to allow multiplayer.

There are also a few random-start Scenarios available, so you could conceivably just use it as a Scenario in an alternate folder.

Regards,

Kestrel

Comment

Working...
      X