John, a possible problem with Fell Wraiths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John, a possible problem with Fell Wraiths

I am building stygian Fell Wraiths for the first time. These beasts are supposed to move freely between the surace world and both the undersea and underground worlds. However they are not always able to switch maps (the 'n' order) when I expect them to.

For example, I have had this experience several times:
    (1) I build a fell wraith in the underground world.
    (2) It steps out of its city
    (3) I move it to the surface world (n). Its key stays a bright green, indicating that it can switch maps.
    (4) I try to move it back to the underworld (to the square it was on previously!) but the game claims its path is blocked. The key changes to light green.

The fell wraith, unlike the Wight, observes zones of control, but I cannot believe this is a factor; there are no enemy units anywhere near the location on the underground map where I wish to go.

Sometimes I CAN move the FW's from the surface to other maps.
    What's going on?

- toby
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Not sure. I'll ask Mick; that's one of his games. Stay tuned...

Comment

If there was an award for play-tester of the year then I would vote for you Toby.

Comment

You have discovered a bug but, fortunately, you can fix it.

Open the Midgard rules.txt. Find the Fell Wraith data line in the @Units Advanced section. You must change the twelfth bit in the 'F', "native teleport ability", field from '1' to '0'. This bit corresponds to letting the Wraith native teleport from map 0 to map 3. He shouldn't be able to teleport to map 3 since he is not allowed to exist there. Correcting this will also rectify his inability to transport back to the underworld.

You must repeat this corrective action for the fantasy rules.txt as well.

Mick

Comment

Thanks, William. I've planned, managed and built QA groups for several companies, and have done a lot of testing myself. I feel I'm pretty good at it (I've worked with many fabulous testers). Once you have that habit of noting anomalies, writing them up and following them up, well, you've got the habit.

Anyway, I don't want to be the lucky guy who finds problems in the ToT fantasy game; I want to be the thousandth one, because so many good players were playing it ahead of me...
          -toby

------------------
          toby robison
          toby robison

Comment

I was kind of hoping you'd be the only one to find bugs.

The less folks have to deal with problems, the better.

Comment

Working...
            X