some questions about TOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some questions about TOT

well, im a superfan of civ 2. the normal one.
    i would like to now, if tot worth the money and whats new , what changed...etc.
    if someone can tell me...well thnx every one.

Cya soon ppl.

Explore other threads that have asked the same question;
    apolyton.net/forums/Forum29/HTML/000482.html or apolyton.net/forums/Forum1/HTML/000992.html

What's different? As a starting point try; civ2.com/home.html which is only 'so-so' in terms of value. To summarise, it has taken on a whole new visual appearance that includes animated terrain and units, you can play on up to four maps that may be linked, there's three extra Civ2 variants - an extended game, a fantasy game, and a sci-fi game. The package also includes a ToT fantasy scenario 'Midgard' which has many elements similar to its namesake on Fantastic Worlds but 'severely' enriched using ToT's new mechanics, which leads to another key point - far more comprehensive scenario authoring possibilities with extensions to rules.txt and events.txt. A downloadable official scenario for Test of Time ('Time Threat Paradox') can be accessed from this Apolyton site. It supports multiplay as does Civ2 MPGE. At the other end of the spectrum, some aspects such as Wonder movies, the city council, and animated heralds have been removed.

Personally I think it's worth it - but I don't know how much money you have to spend, or what aspects (if any) of ToT appeal to you.

[Spelling errors! d-oh]

[This message has been edited by Cam (edited January 08, 2000).]

Comment

See my Apolyton column (#82), which discusses some of what's new and different in ToT. I really like it, but I never bought Civ2, so I did not have the problem everyone else has -- if you already own civ2, what's it worth paying for another civ2 with new features?

But I think the multimap play and the fantasy world are great.

-toby

------------------
      toby robison
      criticalpaths@mindspring.com
      toby robison
      criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Comment

Working...
      X