problem with scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with scenario

I have this problem with my scenario - Error "-6" in module "3" data: 21 0. After that the game crashes. Does anyone know what this is? Thanx.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream."

First things first - 'nope, I don't know', but...

(a) Have you installed the ToT patch? As per ftp.microprose.com/pub/updates/civ2/CIVTOT11.exe or if this doesn't work, Apolyton have a version on the Civ2 main page at apolyton.net/civ2/
    (b) Which scenario does this happen with?
    (c) Have you edited any files - esp. rules.txt?

[This message has been edited by Cam (edited January 03, 2000).]

Comment

It means there is an error in the twenty-first line of the @CIVILIZE section of your rules.txt file. Been editing?

Comment

Actually, it means there is a problem in rules.txt (thats the module 3 part), in section @Terrain (the -6 part). The line bit is correct, so the problem is with Gems!
        forgotten a comma?

Comment

Yeah, I get this type of stuff a lot (Keenan would know this all too well). It usually means some silly error in the rules.txt, like not putting a semicolon in and stuff like that.

Comment

Miner, could you share with us your understanding of the error code? I would be grateful to have a more complete understanding of the error codes.
            [This message has been edited by William Keenan (edited January 03, 2000).]

Comment

Here, it is the same me who used 'croxis' except that was my friend's username.

I made a mistyped the last part - data: 21 0 It is actually 31 0. Would this mean any different? Thanx. And how do you figure what the error meant? I'd like to know too.

------------------
              "All that is one cannot be believed as many. No one is supieror to others."

Comment

Seafoggys ... send me your rules.txt file and I will send it back to you fixed.

Comment

Makes me sound really clever doesn't it
                  NOT!
                  In actual fact, at the same time that croxis was having his difficulty I was also having difficulty with rules.txt after editing one of the advances (for my new scenario). I got a bunch of errors in succession, (ie after figuring out the first problem, it crashed with another subtly different message). Since I had only edited rules.txt and the "3" was constant in every message I assumed "3" meant rules .txt. The other number decreased for every message, which seemed to indicate that civ2.exe was getting furthur and further down rules.txt each time before returning the error message, hence indicating that the problem was in one of the @sections in rules.txt. Since I knew which parts of rules.txt I was editing I knew what the numbers had to correspond to.

Hope this helps.

croxis

this means the problem lies with a line further down this part (ie @terrain if I am right) of rules.txt
                  [This message has been edited by Miner (edited January 06, 2000).]

Comment

Thanx, but I have not touched the terrain section. The only part I have put in was the tech tree. I'll guess I'll look down it by hand!

------------------

Comment

Working...
                    X