AI and Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI and Units

Is there a limit on the amount of units the AI will move in a turn? In my scenario it seems like the AI moves most of its units but some just stay on the spot they were created. I'm using the Goto event and it seems to work when the units move, but sometimes the units won't move at all. Is it possible that I'm using the Goto command wrong or is there an AI limit?

As far as I know, there's no hard coded limit to the number of units the AI will move during its turn. You might be running into a memory restriction, but that's a long shot. More likely, the AI has decided that the units in question are where they should be (for whatever weird AI reasons) and don't need to be moved.

If you've given your units Goto commands and they fail to move, that's a different issue. In that case, the Goto code is having a problem getting where you want to go. (The Goto code is notoriously flaky.) Try giving units goals that are not too far away. Short paths are much more reliable than longer ones.

Comment

Working...
    X