Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIRST(?) TOT SCENARIO!! TIME TRAVEL INCLUDED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIRST(?) TOT SCENARIO!! TIME TRAVEL INCLUDED!

OK, firstly, the time travel thing is something of a joke or bug report. Though the game begins in 1999, for some reason it has been known to set the clock back to 1850 or so. I have no idea why, and it would be nice if the Microprose people investigated it.

Anyway, the scenario is called Okeanos. It is about the colonization of the oceans. Some features include:
    -Three maps: Surface, Ocean, and Depths
    -Make contact with an intelligent civilization of manta-ray type beings.
    -Tame dolphins with psionic powers.
    -Control creatures like Krakens and Giant Squid
    -Research topics from Ecologic Psychology to F.(undamental) P.(urpose) A.(nd) O.(rder) O.(f) T.(he) U.(niverse)
    -Discover Atlantis and Lemuria-if you can.
    -Includes wonders like Genetically Modified Plankton and Slaying The Leviathan.
    -Includes an earth-spirit type being, Okeanos, who responds to your "invasion" of the oceans.

Download it now from here

GS,

Sounds intersting but I have not been able to download the scenario. It keeps saying the page in unavailable. Did you move the location?

Don,
    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Oops. Sorry. My bad. Try:
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Atla...es/okeanos.zip

Comment

It does indeed sound interesting, but it is still unavailable, sorry.
        Follow your spirit, and upon this charge Cry 'God for Harry, England and Saint George!

Comment

I've got the same problem, man. You might want to try that again. BTW, shameless plug coming up-check out the creation thread-We want to make the second TOT scenario, based on Harry Turtledove's World War series. Everyone who is interested, post something, 'cause I'm gonna start this thing this wekend!!!

------------------
          "And how much, my fellow warriors, can a world change in a mere 800 revolutions??!!"
          -Shiplord Kirel, Worldwar:In the Balance
          "And how much, my fellow warriors, can a world change in a mere 800 revolutions??!!"
          -Shiplord Kirel, Worldwar:In the Balance

Comment

AAAARRRGGGHHH!

I think it's the fault of the way this thing links...type it in manually and it should work.

Once again, it's:
            www.geocities.com/Athens/Atlantis/6324/SquidGames/okeanos.zip
            [This message has been edited by Giant Squid (edited September 09, 1999).]
            [This message has been edited by Giant Squid (edited September 09, 1999).]

Comment

It's still not working!
              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Here, lemme try it

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Atla...es/okeanos.zip

Comment

Weird. It will work though if you type it in manually.

Comment

Downloaded the file but winzip would not recognize it as valid anyone know why

Comment

The headline gave me a great idea for a scenario. If this is possible- or practical- it would be really cool:

Have four maps of earth, each set in a different time (ie: 500 bc, 1000 ad, 1999, 2050... whatever you want)
                      To transport between the different maps, have "time portals" or whatever. Because each Earth is a different dimension, you don't have to worry about how 500 bc will affect your 1000 ad world. Each world has limits on what units they can build, given the historical limitations of the area. Men of learning, however, can benefit the whole empire across time (so all those science beakers work for you). The wealth and luxeries of the empire can be distributed across time. There should be four distinct research trees, instead of one large one.

I can't think of anything else. This is an idea in it's embryonic stages... anyone intersested in making this scenario?
                      -Joshua Voorhies

Comment

Giant Squid

Where can I get this scenario from? none of these links work, typing in manually or not!

Comment

Is it just me, or when I try click on that site it takes me to a yahoo search site?

Comment

It still don't work. Mail it to me and I'll put it on my site.

Comment

Working...
                            X