What's your favorite wonder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite wonder?

I bet no one has ever asked this before.

been ages since i played civ 2, but as i recalll,

marco polo for introducing me to everyone.

sun tzu for those days i just wanted to make 500 fundamentalists and overrun the world.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Re: What's your favorite wonder?

Originally posted by TCO
      I bet no one has ever asked this before.
      Certainly not recently

I suppose Shake's is among my favourites. That explosive SSC growth is great fun.

Marco Polo's is also up there. I've tried to learn (from Solo, Monk, Elephant and others) the best way to exploit this, but I still don't get the maximum out of it.

RJM
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Well, it definitely depends on which game you're playing.

The Colossus is vital for OCC, to be followed by the other OCC wonders, but otherwise then KRC can be vital for building enough caravans to ensure wonders are instant for the rest of the game.

Essentially, it all depends on which game you plan to play.

I used to hate KRC for the pollution it created, but if used wisely then it won't last that long, well before pollution becomes an issue, and by then you have more caravans than you know what to do with.

As far as favourite wonder is concerned, then it has to be the Colossus, because the effect lasts so long that it can get you ahead well before other nations so you can build Mike's to get ahead and establish a democracy earlier than others. One city, the best for beakers, builds this, and the rest concentrate on soldiers and camels. Easy win.....

Comment

I would currently have to go with the hanging gardens, for its ability to release the military from its garrison duties, either freeing up shields, or for freeing up the military the last two non-OCC games i played, it never expired
          Insert witty phrase here

Comment

My ranking would be:
            Leonardo's
            Pyramid (I usually try to get the max of 255 cities built on the world)
            Michelangelo's
            Hanging Gardens / Cure for Cancer (at the deity level in a large civ the Cure is invaluable for quickly growing newly built cities)
            UN (to allow attacking or retaliating under a democracy)

Comment

It has to be Leo's.

I usually have armies of settlers running around trying to keep up with new cities while doing the terrain of existing cities.

The message - "Leonardo's Workshop upgrades all Settlers to Engineers" Always makes me the happiest dictator on the planet.

40-80 settlers turned into engineers =
              Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
              ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

My list used to be:

Leo's
                Bach's
                Michelangelo's

But it's been a long time since I played a standard game of Civ2.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I've always been a Colossus fan. I know that HG is better in the early game but it just isn't my style of play. And who doesn't love Bach and Mike?
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Leo's
                    Mike's
                    Bach's
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

HG So many pwetty flowers makes everyone happy

MPE Let's have the AI do the early research for us

Mike's Chapel Now we're content, let's expand, become a Republic

Monk
                      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

In my games, I always go for ship chains- currently have about 30 tiremes out and about sending caravans to far flung nations I do this as a matter of primary urgency. I'm sure a lot of you do. So Leo's is a must have cos' I can't just recall them all mid way through a game and upgrade them when navigation comes along.

Comment

In order from least favorite:

10. Sun Tzu's War Academy
                          9. Hanging Gardens
                          8. Lighthouse
                          7. Marco Polo's Embassy
                          6. Women's Suffrage
                          5. Great Wall
                          4. Oracle
                          3. Pyramid
                          2. Great Library
                          1. Leonardo's Workshop
                          Ravlon's Facebook fan page

Comment

Depends on the settings. I play MP at King or Deity. I prefer King because Deity is so Happiness Wonder biased. Naturally, Leo's is excellent. I like Hoover Dam as a later Wonder.

Comment

Working...
                            X