Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John, a research win in 3550 BC (score 42) !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John, a research win in 3550 BC (score 42) !!

I modestly claim the record for winning a civ game at the earliest possible time without cheating, in any version of civ whatsoever.

After winning a real research win with the Buteo (I got to yggdrasil 8), I started an entirely new game (but I did not exit from the program), also as buteo. In the year 3550 of the first age (that is, BC), I got awarded the research win again! Here's my score:

Citizens (2)
    achievements (0)
    Hang fr yggdrasil (40)
    total score (420

John, would you like to see sav files shortly before and after this win? Please tell me where to send them.
    -toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison

Thanks for letting me know about this. It's a known bug, but I thought sure we'd fixed it in the patch. You do have the patch installed? Don't worry about sending save files (but I appreciate the offer). We know where this one is already. (Now off to berate the programmers...)

Comment

I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'll report another problem. The highly nonstandard ABOUT box of ToT does not give a CLUE what version is running. It should indicate the version number. In fact, I would prefer a static text "about" box to watching video for two minutes to see if there is a version number...

I've downloaded the patch and I believe I installed it. How do I make sure I am actually running with the patch?

Tnx,
      - toby

------------------
      toby robison
      toby robison

Comment

Check the Thunderbolt unit in the Fantasy or Midgard game. If its Move Allowance is 12, the patch is in place. If it's 16, something's amiss.

I agree that we should have a verison number in the About box. Blew that one.

Comment

OK, I am using the patch. Here's a little more info: when I got my real research win in the long game, I was so surprised by the video that started, that i clicked on it quickly and closed it (I also closed the message box that follows quickly). I might have created a timing problem in the software by not letting the video play out more.

- toby

------------------
          toby robison
          toby robison

Comment

Working...
          X