X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does one get to the Underworld ?

Hi fellow Civ gamers !
    RE : TOT ,the fantasy scenario.
    To finish a long-standing game, I need to get to the Underworld to attack the remaining Goblins and Stygians. The game did not supply any clues yet as how to get there, and none are forthcoming, as I am already well beyond the normal length of game parameter (the program stopped counting my population of elves at 320 million). I've searched everywhere for a hint. Does anyone know how to get there, please ?

You need to look for the two different transport site that connect to the Underworld, namely tunnels and Gates of Hel. Certain units will then be able to transport down and kick their little goblin/stygian butts.

------------------
    Jason the Argonaut
    "I like horses. Thank You."
    -Daniel MacIvor
    -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

You need to ally with the dwarf by bribing a dwarf king (if nobody else has done that). Then you can build dwarves and tunnel to the underworld. If somebody else got the first dwarf, you can trade or steal from it. If you can build fairy, you can use it to bribe a goblin settler which can also build tunnels. Besides, there should be tunnels already been built by goblin and stygian (stygians has a free dwarf) and you may have a chance to use them.

Comment

Fairies can transport to the underworld
        themselves. Just move around the map and
        keep trying to transfer, If there is any
        available underworld under your land mass,
        you should get the option.

A cheat, once you have a city down in the
        underworld, for flying units (wizards and
        dragons) is: as your unit is blinking to
        move, open the city window for one of your
        surface cities. Then using the arrows, cycle
        through your cities until you have your
        underworld city. Close the city window.
        Now the underworld square at the position
        of the flying unit is blinking. Move the
        unit via arrow, and it appears in the underworld at the same spot. A good way
        to get around some of the restrictions....

Comment

Working...
        X