The Buteo Hawkman Finesse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Buteo Hawkman Finesse

Early in a ToT fantasy game, playing Buteo, you can send out hawkmen to spy out the cloud and surface worlds. Hawkmen are rather weak -- not even certain to be able to kill a settler -- but they can sure find settlers from other civs, since hawkmen move 3 spaces a turn through all terrain including clouds and sea.

When you find a settler with your hawkman, just track it, hiding in the cloud world at the end of each turn. THE MOMENT THE SETTLER FOUNDS A CITY, swoop down and occupy the city. This is as effective as killing the settler, but more likely to work. You will also get some gold and possibly an advance!

- toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison

Okay, my biggest complaint about playing as the hawkmen or the mermen is that the CPU can never launch a serious co-ordinated attack into your realm. That really kills the challenge for me. Thus, I just stick with any of the other races. At least competition exists in which I don't simply plod along at my own rate until I can invade other realms.

Comment

Realm, Schmelm. No matter what tribe you play, try to have MOST of your cities on the surface world. You'll get attacked alright.

- toby

------------------
      toby robison
      toby robison

Comment

Working...
      X