Is ToT worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is ToT worth it?

Christmas is coming. Someone, somewhere, is likely to supply me with a bit of money, sufficient to go out and buy ToT.

For the past months I have been playing MGE, and enjoying it. Wouldf it be worth my while to go out and buy ToT as well? Or maybe as a replacement?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

JimW

If you are a scenario designer go out and buy it now. If not, wait until the price drops to around $20.

Comment

I picked it up a couple of days ago. I do like the layered map idea, and haven't quite mastered it yet!

In Canada, TOT started out at $69 CAN; I waited till it dropped to $32 CAN.

I think its worth it, though there do seem to be a few glitches (& I think it would be hell to try to multiplay on the layered maps - one turn early on took me almost an hour !!!)
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

There is a patch out for ToT http://apolyton.net/cgi-bin/civ2files/file.pl?id=334

Comment

$69 dollars... yikes that was steep..... Paid $49 dollars for this worthless piece of ummmmmmm its not that bad...... To think of it, its pretty ok.... Going to be amazing with that scenario converter. I would say 5, 10, ummmmmmmmmmm $20 dollars will be right for this add-on..... Also a very strong point is the creating scenarios part..... THIS IS WHATS KEEPING ME INTERESTED IN TOT....

A very different Civfan tonight.....
          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

I started out hating TOT. But after I altered the terrain and interface files I started to get into it. I think it's not only the multi-maps that adds to CIV2 but the animation gives it a newer feel too.
            Dare I say I actually like it now,, hmmm maybe ever better than I did MGE

Comment

Keep in mind that a Canadian Dollar is worth about 60 cents Souther Barbarian Dollar.:-)

------------------
              St. Leo
              http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
              http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I read somewhere that the system requirements were quite high. Is that true ? Is it possible to run the game on a 133Mhz/96MBRAM ?
                (BTW I'm not asking the minimal system requirements, there's a difference between minimal requirements and requirements to run the game fluently)
                [This message has been edited by Zaib (edited December 05, 1999).]

Comment

Well, I'm running it on a 166MHz/40MB and it's fine. I just had to switch off all animations, but I guess you can live without them.
                  Moderator at:
                  CivWorld's Off-Topic Forum
                  GamesLAN Forums
                  GamerzHaven Forums
                  CivWeb Forums

Comment

Working...
                  X