how do you make a scenario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you make a scenario?

sorry i am too lazy to surf this site looking for a tutorial for beginning scenario builders(im sure there is one somewhere) but what does it take to build a decent scenario? After tinkering around a bit i guess is it all just playing with the cheat commands and then setting it as a scenario, if anyone has good advice on how to build a GOOD scenario please send a reply :-) Oh, and guys please mention what you would want in a historical scenario.

there's plenty of material in sites like Scenario League, since most of it can be directly applied to ToT. So look there first.
    "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
    -OOTS

Comment

Scenario building is not a hobby I would recommend to a lazy person. However, as Micheal said the place to begin is http://sleague.apolyton.net/Guides/tips_main.shtml .

Good luck!

Comment

Making a good scenerio (for begginers) requires lots of trial and error, and thus can be very frustrating. If you want to get good, read some of those scenerio building txt files and start small, design a small fictional scenerio without changing any rules etc, get used to placing units and cities and then, if you feel up to it, you can modify some of the graphics and rules and such to make the scenerio better. After you learn your way around the editor and txt files you might want to research a section of history that interests you, i.e. rome in 200 ad. etc. Then using data from your research translate it into civ2.

Btw, does anyone know where I can get lots of info about the chinese communist revolution?
        "There is no can't, only won't."
        -Line from American Kick Boxer 2 (American Shaolin)

Comment

Working...
        X