John, a civilopedia bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John, a civilopedia bug

In the civilopedia, there are two sky terrains. The help text says that neither gets a defense bonus, and both look alike. (I think the help text for both is identical).

In RULES.TXT, there are two skies and one gets a defensive bonus of 2 (which I suspect is actually the bonus for the sky on the cloud map). Why are there two terrains named "sky", and what's going on in the civilopedia?

Can I "fix" anything by renaming "Sky" in one of the following lines:

On terrain3, these are the two lines from rules.txt:
    Sky, 0,0, 0,0,0, no, 0, 0, 0, no, 0, 0, 0, no, no, ; Gla

Sky, 1,2, 0,0,0, no, 0, 0, 0, no, 0, 0, 0, no, no, ; Oce

- toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison

In some places, Mick needed multiple terrain types with the same name--usually, but not always, with the same characteristics. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible to hide them all from the Civilopedia. I'm not sure exactly what the situation is with "Sky", but trust me that it's not a bug.

Comment

John, there IS something wrong. I don't mind that there are two terrains in the fantasy world on map 3 called sky. I do mind that they are DIFFERENT (see my original posting), but the two civilopedia entries say they are the same, and neither entry seems to discuss the terrain actually used as sky on map 3.

- toby

------------------
      toby robison
      toby robison

Comment

Oh. Guess I misread your post.

I'll ask Mick what is right.

Comment

Tobyr, you have discovered an oversight on my part. You are correct that both entries should be identical.

Comment

Mick, please post the rules.txt correction here so we can make it in our own rules.txt files. I assume you mean that one of these two lines should be changed to be identical to the other:

In terrain3, these are the two lines from rules.txt:
            Sky, 0,0, 0,0,0, no, 0, 0, 0, no, 0, 0, 0, no, no, ; Gla

Sky, 1,2, 0,0,0, no, 0, 0, 0, no, 0, 0, 0, no, no, ; Oce

STILL, since they ARE different, why are the pedia entries the same????????

- toby

------------------
            toby robison
            toby robison

Comment

Working...
            X