Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John, Trade: a bug, a touch of realism (fantasy world)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John, Trade: a bug, a touch of realism (fantasy world)

In the fantasy world of ToT, the merfolk cities underseas clamor for trade goods, but they ain't going to get them, I think. In rules.txt, the caravan is the ONLY trade unit, and it is not allowed in the cloud or undersea maps. I would complain that the lack of trade capability was a bug, only the idea of cits clamoring for goods they can never get is rather a touch of realism.

The REAL bug, I suppose, is that the software should figure out which maps cannot receive trade ever, and not list the cities on those maps as producing or demanding goods.

Still, I think the lack of undersea trade is wrong. I'm highly tempted to add another trade unit to the game, or to relax the restrictions on the caravan; only I assume the playtesters felt that this was correct balance as is.

- toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Hmm...interesting point. Mick?

Comment

Oops.
      [This message has been edited by John Possidente (edited November 29, 1999).]

Comment

Anyone is welcome to modify the scenario to suit his taste. I didn't have any outstanding reason to restrict trade undersea other than as an incentive for the merfolk to come to the surface.

Comment

Working...
        X