CivConverter V1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivConverter V1.0

I've just finished a program capable of converting Civ2 CIC && FW Scenarios to TOT Scenarios.
    It's not perfect (I started programming it one week ago and without scn structure informations) but it can convert graphics files,*.scn, Rules.txt to TOT-Compatible Version.
    Now i need for a site to upload my work to, Anyone knows where i can send zip file?
    BTW CivConverter comes in two versions:
    1) without graphics templates (you can obtain them easily from Civ2TOT Original directory):44 Kb
    2) with graphic templates:603 Kb

Tell me which one do you prefer.

Angelo
    "If it works, it's obsolete."
    -- Marshall McLuhan

We'd be glad to host it over at SLeague if it's working. You can email it to sleague@apolyton.net and we'll add it to our collection of files. You should probably also consider sending it to the CSC. You can find their contact address over on csc.apolyton.net.

Thanks! I look forward to trying it!

What are the odds you could convert MGE scenarios into FW format? That would be super-valuable for the contests we run over at SLeague.

P.S.: We'll take both versions, if you don't mind.
    [This message has been edited by blackclove (edited November 05, 1999).]

Comment

I'll put it on my web site as well, if you can give me them. I'll take both versions.
      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

WoW!!! send it to me when you're finished!!!
        dracon@strategicgaming.com

Comment

Converter.. did I really hear that. Incredible. That is awesome! When it is up for downloading, I will download that immeadiately.

Comment

I'm a little confused. Does this converter only convert the scenarios on the CiC and FW cd's or does it convert any scenario? Either way it sounds excellent, finally some more scenarios for TOT.

Comment

Send it to petrazi@sprint.ca and I will upload it as soon as my webpage is back up.

P.S. Based on the description I'd say that it converts all pre-MGE scenarios.

------------------
              St. Leo
              http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
              http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Well... Hmmm, i've to say one thing...

All right, it seems i've talked too early last time, the converter can convert Civ2 & CIC Scenarios and can "LOAD" FW scenarios, this means that you can convert exactly(...) FW Scenarios in TOT version but when you'll complete the first turn TOT will crash; sorry for the disadvantage;

Since TOT loads converted FW scenarios and since graphics and rules.txt files are converted exactly it seems that the problem isn't a big one: i'm sure (Ok, i hope...) i can correct this one very quickly but i need help because i don't have FW nor MGE; if someone wants to help me and owns FW or MGE, please contact me (scotto_a@hotmail.com).

To balance the lost of functionality of CivConverter i've added a function to convert graphic files only, so if you want to extract units pictures or city images from your favorite Civ2 Scenario now you can with a minimal effort (and this time obviously you can convert graphics from all civilizationII version from classic to MGE).

I'm going to send files to everyone made me request, remember this is a beta beta beta beta (or if you prefer an alpha alpha ) version.

Blackclove:MGE->FW? well, i don't know, examining scn files i noticed that they are very similar from one version to another and
                i think converting can be done easily,but as you can see now i've problems with FW->TOT and MGE->TOT;

IG-88:This program will TRY (i've successfully converted Rome Classical Scenario and CIC Alien,Napoleon and Colonize scenarios) to convert ANY scenario compatible with Classic and CIC version of Civ2, it cannot convert FW (but TOT will load exactly the first turn) nor MGE
                I can't say this program will function with any scenario compatible with classic and CIC (but i think it will work)

BTW i cutted down the Graphic Template Version: it is now 423 Kb.

Angelo

-- Marshall McLuhan

Comment

What are you programming in o guru that outclassed microprose ?

Comment

I would like to know that too !

------------------
                    "The future has imploded into the present."
                    (Billy Idol - Cyberpunk)
                    (Billy Idol - Cyberpunk)

Comment

------------------
                      (Billy Idol - Cyberpunk)
                      (Billy Idol - Cyberpunk)

Comment

------------------
                        (Billy Idol - Cyberpunk)
                        (Billy Idol - Cyberpunk)

Comment

Fascinating!

Please send it to me! please!
                          The heavy version please.

Comment

Hey what's hapenning with the Civ-converter? I couldn't wait to get it and then nothing happened. Is it up on any web sites?

Comment

Boh, don't ask me, i sent files more than one week ago, i've to say i'm a bit nervous...
                              BTW i've updated again CivConverter (it is now at V1.2 and it's still a beta)

You'll be glad to know that i've uploaded files at click2send.
                              Go to www.click2send.com, select "pick-up a file", and type into the Box name request "CivConverter"; you'll be able to download CivConverter.

Now i've to remake my request (nobody answered the first time ): Pleeeaaassseee if someone has FW or MGE and wants to help me in Converter work pleeeeeaaaaassssseeeee write to me (scotto_a@hotmail.com).

Angelo
                              -- Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Working...
                              X