Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT not functioning at 640

How come you can't access any of the F1 thru
    F12 commands,, (city status, defense staus, civ score etc.) when you play the game at 640 x 480 resolution. I never read anywhere
    that you had to play at 800 x 600 or higher.
    Dissappointing..

That's a weird one. I don't think we intentionally cut out 640x480 support. Let me talk to the team and see what I can find out.

Comment

You may owe this guy a refund, see the box!

Right on the ToT box, it says 640 x 480 x 16 bit color is supported.

- toby robison
      toby robison
      criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Comment

Runs alwright on 640x480...... Actually used it on my old system and it works.....

486,8megs......640x480 SVGA
        Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

While the game itself runs okay ay 640x480..
          Accessing the info screens on Defense, City Status and most others will not function.
          Only one functional at that resolution was Diplomacy status.
          For us visual impaired players, playing at high resolutions is not an option
          Could it be that the width for those screens is set bigger than the original CIV2 ??

Comment

I changed resolutions while playing the game to see if there was any effect on the graphics.

I had to go up to "view" then "reset windows" something like that, and it moves the windows back in place, try that.

Comment

IceDan, are you saying that the windows for those reports are just off-screen at the lower resolution? That would make sense, although personally I still consider it a bug--well, maybe "oversight" is a nicer word--if it happens when you haven't played at any other resolution.

Comment

Okay, I just ran some quick tests.

Make sure that you have reset your resolution to 640x480x16bit before you fire up the game. When I did that, ToT autodetected the screen resolution and everything worked fine.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Comment

Since my screen resolution is always kept at 640x480x16 bit ,,I'm not sure what you mean by resetting it before I start the game.
                  I do believe the game is possibly showng the info screens "behind" the main screen. but I can't get access to them.
                  This happens with the "Hall of Fame, Defense, City status,and others but not with Diplomacy status. Trying to figure out why that window is not afffected while the others are. Anyway while as you say it may not be a bug but it does keep you from playing the game effectively.
                  And as I always played Civ2 and MGE at that resolution with no problems am surprised by all this.

Comment

Have you called Customer Support? I'd be willing to bet they've run into this before and know what's going on. I admit that I don't.

Comment

Am still not sure if you are understanding what the problem is.
                      I'll put it as plain as I can.
                      Okay I'm running at 640x480x16.
                      I boot up TOT.
                      Game runs fine. UNTIL you try to access the "Hall of Fame" or "City Status" or "Defense Status" or "Trade Status" or Science Status. Those screens will NOT appear.period. !!! Thats the problem.
                      With that said..
                      Now, if I run the game at 800x600, then switch over to 640x480 while the game is still active. Those screens I mentioned will appear but way off center , you can drag them into view. But if you try to bring them up again later, they're off screen again.
                      I consider this BAD programming for 640x480
                      support. I tried contacting MP.. no response yet..
                      And for the civfan who ran it on a 486 .. Are you referring to TOT or Civ2 ?? Hard to imagine running "effectively" a 16-bit color game on a 486

Comment

Working...
                      X