New Advanced MOD for Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Advanced MOD for Download

New MOD. Interface upgraded. Terrains lightened and enhanced, Cities lightened.

I'm going to fix a lot more, but because the rest of what i'm going to do will take a long time, I thought I'll upload this mod now while its still early.

Download the MOD here

Or here

It's 500 to 600KB. Make sure you unzip the files into the correct directory! (It was made for original, but you can use it for the extended aswell. For the interface, well I think you can use that for all of them, I haven't played the game enough to know).
    If you want me to email it, leave ya address.

Oh I also changed the flags. The flags are now Italian, Japanese, Spanish, French, American, British and Indian. I thought this gave the game more flavour and personality.

The reason why the sea and rivers are so bright blue now is because it helps to liven up the surrounding land as a optical illusion. It's not too bright to go blind, but not too dark to make you puke.

If you see any mistakes, or want me to upgrade other areas, please say so.

Future upgrades will be: Change of mountains, hills; Grass will look more "grassy" plains will look more "plain" (lol, you know!)
    I will extend the look of the huts, to a small village, for realism.
    I will enlarge the most advanced cities by three times its size when it reaches its top size.
    Better deserts. And better snow.
    Also a complete change of forests, I will make them look extremely real. I've found making the forests look real, look good!
    Swamp and Jungle complete change.

I will also try to enhance the dither effect.

I think my hardest challenge will be to turn the edges of the land into cliffs. But I will give it a go, I think this would really enhance the look of Civ.

(If you can't see the new interface within one of the city views, go up to view, then to city layout, and then look in one of your cities again, it should have changed).

[This message has been edited by Icedan (edited November 21, 1999).]

Your link doesn't work.

Comment

It's working fine for me..

Comment

The "or here" works good. Thanks for updating it.

Comment

Ok, I've updated it again. The grass is more wavey and lightened more, so looks like its blowing in the wind. Replaced the resource "sheild" to a rock. More realistic. I mean come on, a sheild? Really.
          I think the rock looks really good actually.
          Also 1st irrigation is changed. Don't know if this is better, but it certainly makes it look like a lot of work has been done when most of ya land is covered in it. Which I always like!

And villages upgraded, though I'm a tad weary of using it. I might change it.

Also the first link should work now, damn geocities joining with yahoo, sheesh.
          [This message has been edited by Icedan (edited November 21, 1999).]

Comment

Hey, Nice job on the alterations. It's nice to actually be able to read clearly. And the units are now much clearer to choose from in the production window.
            I did some changes too. For one I put back into the Fantasy Game all the "Castles" from Civ2's Midguard scenario. I hated the new city look in TOT.
            I also pasted in new trees and swamps into the Original and Fantasy terrain. Looks much "cleaner" now and units are more visible at all times.
            We just might save ourselves from going blind.

Comment

Working...
            X