TOT Problem and comments - Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOT Problem and comments - Need Help!

After playing Civ II for a couple of years I just started with TOT. First my problem: After playing the extended original game and reaching Centaurus, I'm at a loss at how to proceed. Does only the first to reach Centaurus get to build there? I have no units on that level that I can see, although my computer opponent has started cities there. And I seem to have no advances beyond Future Technology. The manual is no help with this. Also, is there an end year in this game?

Comments:
    The graphics are a mixed bag. I like the new terrain graphics overall, but I find many of the units hard to identify. I'm also surprised that in all the reviews of the game (as well as the "what's new" chapter of the manual), no mention is made of what was removed from the game: Throne Room, Advisors, and the movies that went with the Advances.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Reaching Alpha Centauri and not getting Colonists or Ultrastring Theory to research is a bug in ToT. There is a patch that fixes this and a few other things. It's on the Microprose homepage or here on Apolyton for download (about 3,5 MB).
    If you think the graphics in ToT are too dark - you're not the only one! There's a modpack here on Apolyton somewhere that replaces them with lighter terrain, more like the original Civ2.
    Moderator at:
    CivWorld's Off-Topic Forum
    GamesLAN Forums
    GamerzHaven Forums
    CivWeb Forums

Comment

Thanks for your very quick reply. I've got it downloaded and installed.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X