T.T. Paradox installation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.T. Paradox installation...

I just downloaded T.T. Paradox and I learned that you cannot install it if TOT wasn't installed in the original directory. Since I don't have much space on my C: I installed TOT on my D:. Now I can't play T.T. Paradox, any way to change the installation and be able to install where I want?

Eh? I installed ToT to my E:\ drive and TTP installed just fine.

Comment

I believe the instructions say that you must have ToT installed in the origonal drive you installed it in. So, if you installed ToT in your D drive and it still resides there then you are OK. If you installed ToT on your C drive and then moved it to your D drive, then it won't work. Mine is on my H drive and I've never had a problem.

Comment

Hmmm. First it says you must have TOT installed on your system. If you have moved the files to a different drive or a different file from the original install location this scenario will not install properly. This scenario requires 20 mB hard disk space. Do you wish to continue?
        Then when I click yes it says you must own TOT in order to install the scenario. Setup will now exit.
        I don't know maybe I stuffed something up. Thanks for replying anyway.

Comment

Can any of you tell me the default directory of ToT please?

C:\mps\tot\???

or ?? what is it??

Comment

Here's the deal. When you install ToT the first time, something--Windows, InstallShield, or both (I forget exactly)--keeps track of where you put it. Later, when you try to install the T.T.P. scenario, the install program for the scenario "sees" that registration and looks in the tracked folder for ToT. If it's not there, it says "Sorry, no go."

So, if you've moved ToT without uninstalling and reinstalling in the new place, your internal registration doesn't match the actual location of ToT on your system, and the T.T.P. scenario installer can't find ToT. (It's a free download, so we didn't go to too much trouble making the installer smart.)

Comment

You could always edit the registry

Comment

Alright looks lik I'll have to reinstall. No matter. Thanks for all your help, appreciate it.

Comment

Yeah, you could edit the registry, but I'm not about to suggest that. Imagine the Customer support calls, "John said you should do what? John who?"

John on the unemployment line...

Comment

I reinstalled TOT and and reinstalled the few modpacks, the patch and scenarios I'm playing and then installed TTP, works great! Thanks again. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X