Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Microprose:

I have a quick suggestion.

The Dither icon, (Terrain1.bmp, Bottom Left)
    Make it gray scale. So that not just the black is the "changer" but all colours from white to black are. This way we can have smooth edges between the different terrains.

I suggest this, because I think it is actually the "thing" that is throwing off the look of the graphics. It's just those small things you change that make all the difference.

I downloaded a file that lightened up the terrain. I thought it was terribly done, so I've redone it, I did this a long time ago, but I've done it again and am changing all the terrain to be top notch. But I need your help to make it better. The Dither needs fixing.

Here's how I suggest you do it.

White will not be in it. But a very light gray will be the first around the edges of the dither icon. This colour will be something like 80% or 85% opacity from the previous terrain edge line. There should be at least 10 different grays till you reach the next terrain. Which is what black would be.
    The colours will also be slightly splattered for more effect.

If your interested but don't understand me (I'm finding this hard to explain). Ask.

Seems like a workable idea, but I'm not an artist or a programmer--and unfortunately it's too late to make this kind of change to ToT.

Please suggest this to the Civ3 folks; they might find it helpful.

Comment

Working...
    X