Barbarian Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarian Problems

I've begun work on a TOT scenario covering four maps. Its a fantasy/sci-fi scenario where you start out with mages and adventurers and end up with various mech weapons and modern gizmos. I have only replaced the extra units and a few of the older units.

However, on playtesting, I'm having partisans and cavalry hoping out of goodie huts as barbarians at the start of the game! Needless to say, this really isn't very fun when you have two cities and a handful of warriors in 2000BC. I'm also having the unit I put in the Dragoon slot (a comperable unit) appearing as sea invader barbarians as soon as I find a coast.

I know there's some triggers for what kind of barbarians appear when, but I don't know what trigger I could have thrown! I used the extra slots for techs (didn't even use the plumbing slot) and each civ in my scenario starts out from scratch. I didn't replace the basic units (horsemen, warriors, archers, etc) because I know they turn up as Barbarians.

Any idea why 19th century barbarians are overrunning my world from the dawn of time?

Never Mind!!

I found a kink in my tech tree and a couple of other little problems in my rules.txt. I think I made the computer think it was the Industrial period by mistake... or it was just going nuts from bad data. I fixed it.

I never thought I'd be happy to see plain old barbarian horsemen again.

Comment

Working...
    X