Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug or sec: Can't BOTH irrigate and mine hills!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug or sec: Can't BOTH irrigate and mine hills!

You can do both using the cheat menu, of course, but I haven't paid attention to whether it has any actual effect or not.

Actually Ghosh, if you do both on the cheat menu you get farmland, not irrigation and mining.

Comment

There is no way to have both an irrigation improvement and a mining improvement on the same square. I don't think you could do it in Civ either, but I could very easily be wrong on that one.
      -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

no you can't have both irrigation and mining anywhere. its the same on deserts. and if you have the mining and irrigation flags toggled in cheat mode it does indeed become farmland. otherwise they cancel each other.

it has been this way since civ 1. :P

Comment

Bug or sec: Can't BOTH irrigate and mine hills!

In Test of Time, if I mine an irrigated hill, it loses its irrigation; if I irrigate a mined hill, it loses its mine. This probably applies to terrain subtypes also, since I tested this out carefully on "wine".

This is definitely a difference from civ I, where you can irrigate and then mine. I did not find a note on this problem in any of the three books I have on civ 2 and ToT (including the manual), although perhaps I did not know where to look.

Bug or Spec? And if a Spec, where is it documented??? Does CIV II behave the same?

- toby robison

------------------
          toby robison
          criticalpaths@mindspring.com
          toby robison

Comment

It is not a bug. That is the way it is in Civ2.

Comment

Then this restriction should be clear in the documentation and civilopedia, shouldn't it?

Since the Orders menu is specific to a situation, it would be nice if the orders said, e.g.:
              Irrigate (remove Mine)

And WHERE is this discussed in the manual?

ANyway, I'm sure I'll remember this from now on. Thanks for the responses.
              - toby robison

------------------
              toby robison
              toby robison

Comment

Working...
              X