Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT Graphics Mod V0.1 Alpha

ToT Graphics Mod

Alright, this is a quick patch I put together that replaces the terrain1.bmp, terrain2.bmp, and units.bmp of the Original Game option. I didn't have time to put together a readme file so here's the synopsis:
    -Zip up the *.spr files in the Original directory and delete the originals
    -Backup the BMPs somewhere
    -Unzip this patch

The terrain graphics have been borrowed from all over the place, with the HiRes modpack and the Artaxerxes scenario being the honourable mentions. Units with the invisible StL on them were greatly altered or borrowed by me from great games you should all buy(Imperialism, Imperialism II, Age of Empires, and the Seven Kingdoms II Open Beta). The original ToT graphics for the Chariot, Mech. Inf., Armour, Helicopter, Stealth Fighter, and Stealth Bomber have not been replaced; I am also thinking about restoring the Horse[persons] graphic back to its original form. Among the ToT terrains the deserts and the swamps have remained unscathed, others have been replaced by hopefully better graphics.

Bug Report?: Oceans only use the first texture.

Next Project: A modpack that adds lots of units from the Ancient and Medieval periods.;-)

------------------
    St. Leo
    www.sidgames.com/imperialism/
    www.sidgames.com/sidportal/
    www.sidgames.com/forums/
    Member of the AUP!
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

I installed your alpha mod graphics and all I have to say is give us more, more, more.

It makes everything so much easier to see. TOT should of been released with graphics more along the line of what you did. Keep up the good work.

Don,
    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

It's a miracle... I can see again!! Great job... installation of your modpack was effortless and wham, back to clear graphics that I don't have to zoom to max fuzziness to determine what unit is what.... I absolutely do not miss the moving units... allows me to get back to what is most important, the gameplay.

I've had the game for less than a week, and because of many of the folks frequenting this forum, I'm back to CivII quality graphics, have the Wonder Videos working again, the AlphaCentaurus landing bug is fixed, and I'm listening to a customizeable MP3 playlist of all the music from all of the Civ games playing flawlessly in the background... truly amazing.. thanks to all for making the Civ experience more than just playing the game!
      Bob

Comment

....hmmm. Still having problems with the extended game bug RE: Ultrastring Theory. I've modified the text files as per recommendation ("whom=anybody"), but without success: I still land on Centaurus first without the Ultrastring Theory. Any ideas??

Comment

StLeo

I thought your terrain file came out very well. The one criticism I have is that the jungle tiles are hard to tell apart from the forest and the desert from plains. But I liked the pine stands very much and your irrigation looks fantastic. But keep at it. I think you're on the right track.

I had one little bug. I installed the units.bmp from your graphics mod, but the existing units remained the same. When I produced a new diplomat, the message had the new unit, but the unit remained the briefcase guy from ToT. Very strange.
          "Now, Sidious, take place among the fools who trust in the Jedi.
          After I am gone you shall bring the Sith to triumph and vindication.
          Use Peace against the Peaceful. . . Trust against the trusting. . . and
          turn their bureaucractic farce into a tool for raising once again the
          sigil of might, power, and the Dark Side!"

Comment

You are welcome.;-)

------------------
            St. Leo

[URL=http://www.sidgames.com/sidportal/]www.sidgames.com/sidportal/

www.sidgames.com/forums/
            Member of the AUP!
            [This message has been edited by St Leo (edited August 16, 1999).]

Comment

Excellent! Good job S+L.
              I tried to make a Starship Troopers scenario but it turned out to have a lot of bugs in it. ;)

Comment

Frankcub: Even after that fix, some folks are still having trouble getting UST. We're looking into it.

Comment

One possible fix for this is to change the Rules.txt to give a prerequisite for Ultrastring theory. You wouldn't want to do this, of course, until you had actually landed on Centaurus Then just open up the rules.txt and give UST a preq. of something you already have. But if you have made the fix, and then it still doesn't work, or if you made the fix after you started the current game, then you can try this fix. This worked for me when I restored to a pre-landing save.
                  "Now, Sidious, take place among the fools who trust in the Jedi.
                  After I am gone you shall bring the Sith to triumph and vindication.
                  Use Peace against the Peaceful. . . Trust against the trusting. . . and
                  turn their bureaucractic farce into a tool for raising once again the
                  sigil of might, power, and the Dark Side!"

Comment

I had one little bug. I installed the units.bmp from your graphics mod, but the existing units remained the same. When I produced a new diplomat, the message had the new unit, but the unit remained the briefcase guy from ToT. Very strange.

Did you get rid of all the *.spr files (including static.spr)? That's probably the problem.;-)

BTW, I did not actually draw any of the graphics.

------------------
                    St. Leo
                    www.sidgames.com/forums/
                    Member of the AUP!

Comment

If I just installed the new terrain files, would I still lose the animations?

CGreen
                      Catch you on the flip side.

Comment

The animations do still work. If you want more terrain (In my opinion slightly better looking) I've made some too.
                        http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~knowles/Terrain1.zip

Comment

John:
                          Thanks for your input RE: UST bug. Good to see the great support on the boards!!

Comment

Can you give me a step-by-step on getting rid of the sprites? I wanted to replace just a few of the units in the fantasy game, so I re-named them, eg: Xsprite27.It still runs the animation rather than the new unit image. Do I have to do a complete spritectomy?
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Move the said *.spr file into a zip and delete any versions out in the open. Also get rid of static.spr in the said way.;-)

------------------
                              St. Leo
                              www.sidgames.com/forums/
                              Member of the AUP!

Comment

Working...
                              X