Time Threat Paradox Bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Threat Paradox Bugs?

First game, saving to a nested new directory, in the Somewhere In Time main directory, seemed to hose the advanced unit graphics. Saving back to the SIT main directory, the graphics remained hosed; e.g., messiah unit was replaced with something else.

Shutting down the game and rebooting, then launching the SIT main directory saved game, the unit graphics came back. But if I loaded one of the sub-directory games, the unit graphics lost integrity again.

Applied the TOT patch 1.1, started a second game, and certain technologies were no longer developable by the Western Alliance; e.g., Cold Fusion.

Also, whereas Messiah technology (and associated) had been available from the start in the first game, I had to steal it, and any of the others the second time around. Got into a Dimensional Technology contiunuum. Is this just part of the initial setup randomizing mix?

In the second game, saving only to the SIT main directory, the unit graphics retained integrity. But this is annoying because I generally play several games at once and prefer to organize them in individual directories.

In the first game, I accidentally had an Industrial Age Time Traveller unit investigate Old New York, and immediately lost the Time Traveller. Never received a replacement after that. Is this a bug?

I talked to Mick about these yesterday. You might not like the answer, though.

Since the Time threat Paradox scenario was created before the patch (it was originally a pre-order promotional gift), after you install the scenario, you must re-install the patch for it to work right.

I know this is a bit of a pain, but it's just an artifact of when the scenario was produced versus when it became available for download.

Comment

Thanks, John,

Wonderfully responsive as ever. I re-installed the patch and the unit graphics integrity is holding steady. Cool.

As for inaccessibility to some of the techs in the second game - unable to develop Cold Fusion, for example. What's up with that?

Also, re: the disappearance of my Industrial World Time Traveller in game one - did I hose it by having the unit investigate the city?

Comment

You cannot research, steal, or buy Cold Fusion. It is given as a reward for completing a quest involving a mutant worker.

Regarding the time traveller, I could only replace him if he died in battle so if he disappears in any other way, he's gone forever. Consequently, you need to be careful how you use him. Avoid wasting him on any espionage activity other than 'incite a revolt', at least until you gain control of a city in the Industrial World.

Comment

Thanks!

On the responsiveness scale, you guys rock!

Comment

Working...
          X