Help with Native Transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Native Transport

I'm making a Ww3 scenario with 3 maps: Surface, Air, Sea. Air and Sea maps are full "Ocean" Maps, so subs can move underwater and so cities won't be build. Here is my data:

Map 1 - Surface
    Map 2 - Air
    Map 3 - Sea

Here is an example I did for the Fighter for native transport:

It's not working! Please help.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

The collumn right before this one governs what worlds the unit can travel/exist on. So, if you wanted the fighter to be able to travel on maps 0 and 1, the last digits of the previous long collumn must be:

Comment

Already did that. I'm currently talking about the native transports themselves.
      [This message has been edited by Bill3000 (edited November 01, 1999).]
      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Bill it depends upon your @MAP_TRANSPORT_RELATIONSHIPS, post it here and I will be able to answer your question. BTW you may wish to consult the Sleague Tip on the topic. http://sleague.apolyton.net/Guides/s...t_worlds.shtml

Comment

Ok, here it is:

Maps:
          Earth: 0
          Air: 1
          Sea: 2

@MAP_TRANSPORT_RELATIONSHIPS

And the Fighter's flags ( E and F)

AND IT'S STILL NOT WORKING!

Comment

Two thoughts Bill,

You dont need the 4th, 5th and 6th map relationships because each relationship is two way. Get rid of them just to be sure it is not causing a problem.

Fill in the Map relations with 0,0 up to the full sixteen slots.

Comment

Yup your code is good, Bill.

Lets think .... Ok the only reason I and think that might happen is that the line in @Units_advanced does not correspond to @Units. In other words fighter is on line #20 in @units and #19 or #21 in @Units_advanced.

Comment

I never changed the Fighter's position in @UNITS

Comment

William is right; it all looks kosher. The only part you didn't include is the "Allowed on Map" section of @Units_Advanced. Like ghosh9 said, you must make sure that the unit in question is allowed to exist on all the maps you want it to travel to and from.

The only other possibility seems to be the "all ocean" maps. Any map that doesn't have the requisite amount of land and potential city sites--just like in the original Civ II--will bollux up the game. All of the maps in any scenario or mod must meet the same criteria to be valid as in the orignal game. So, for example, even though the gas giant in the SF game should technically have been all ocean, I didn't make it that way because that would have caused problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X