Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have questions....need answers!

where do i put a scenario?

how do i make a map that has different worlds?

how do i edit a sprite?

-where do i put a scenario?
    Make a folder. You can put it in a scenario folder and then a folder for it, or its own folder. It's your choice.

-how do i make a map that has different worlds?
    When you cheat , there is a new menu called Map. Click "Import Map"

-how do i edit a sprite?
    You can't make your own sprites. ( ) But you can use already made ones. Every unit has a number for 0-90. Count up the boxes before and also it, subtract 1. (IE Warriors, 3 boxes, -1 is Unit02) Go into the folder that has the sprite you want. Get that sprite and rename it to the Sprite you want. (IE I want the Setters sprite for the Warrior, so copy Unit00 and rename the copy Unit02)
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

1) Nothing to add to Bill3000's comment.

2) Import maps from your regular Civ2 directory. Use your Civ 2 map editor to make or change maps, then import them into ToT when you create a scenario. Use regular ToT for 1 map scenarios, extended for 2 maps and fantasy for 4 maps. DON'T use sci-fi, it has some special code in the rules text to scramble the terrain on one of the maps. All maps must be of the same dimensions in the same scenario.

3) Be sure to download the patch before making or downloading any scenarios. It allegedly allows you to turn off the animated sprites. (Mine failed, no one else seems to have the problem.) I have placed all 3 sets of my animated sprities in special holding folders to stop them from appearing. Then you can edit the static units using Paint Shop Pro or the equivillent. In ToT the static units will still face both left and right, depending how you move them.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
      X