No announcement yet.

Any interest in an EC comparison game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any interest in an EC comparison game?

Hi all,

This Apolyton site has some facinating posts , but no recent contests. Is there any interest in a comparison game? Either Early Conquest or Early Landing, or both in one game. I'd be interested in playing and comparing results with some of the Apolyton Legends.

Regards.

I play very infrequently these days, but in the cause of maintaining interest in these Civ2 pages, I would participate. I expect to make a strong bid for the wooden spoon. I have a pref for 2.42 rather than MGE.

RJM
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Yes, it would be great to bring some legends back. I'd participate in an EC game.

Wooden spoon?

Comment

I'm not exactly a legend, and haven't played in forever But I'd be willing to give a comparison game a try. I've got both 2.42 and MPG lying around somewhere so wouldn't be limited to the platform.

Given how l played in the past, I'd be less likely to embarrass myself in an early landing than a early conquest, but then I once let my city in a OCC get captured too

*looks down at the bottom below the post*

So that's what my signature used to be
        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

figured I ought to try and win a conquest game since I can't remember the last time I played one. Doing decent, all things considered, but didn't realize I had restarts on and missed out on both HG and MPE, so I'm around 1300 AD with 4 civs left with a combined 2 cities out there somewhere. succumbed to JOMT syndrome too, and can't ever remember sending 10 crusaders against a walled city before after 4 diplomats only succeding in sabotaging production.
          Insert witty phrase here

Comment

I guess this idea has died ?

Anyone that wants an EC comparison game can go to CFC and play in their Civ2 GOTM. Unfortunately, the number of players there has dwindled to about 5 per month, and some of them play for landing/etc instead.

I haven't played in the last couple, but would probably play again if someone posted a "challenge" or whatever.

The bad news is you'd have to play by CFC rules (no van-rehoming, for example). If anyone wants to write their own rules, they'll need to start a separate game, maybe here.

Comment

Working...
            X