Bedrock--Transform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedrock--Transform?

I thought from what I saw in the terrain guide and online help, that bedrock wasn't transformable to anything but tunnel terrain (through mining). At some point when I had a dwarf that I didn't want to deal with, I told him to transform a bedrock square, just to see what would happen. Many turns later (possibly 15, I didn't really pay attention when I did it), it did successfully transform the bedrock into something called an "Alimentary Canal" with diamonds on it.

Is it supposed to do that? or is this a bug? I've done it in several places now, and it appears to have an occasional odd side-effect of confusing the "fog of war" that civ2:tot uses...I now have a couple of "hidden" squares that moving next to them doesn't reveal what's under them.

theben: hmm yes but you have to admit that the swedish education at
    least seems to be a bit better than the finnish...

what version yuo are?

Comment

theben: hmm yes but you have to admit that the swedish education at
      least seems to be a bit better than the finnish...

what version yuo are?
      are yuor change rules?

Comment

Hee. Sorry, I intended to mention version, but I forgot. I'm using Civ2:ToT with the recent patch applied. I've not messed with the rules.txt (hee, at least not yet). A interesting possiblity that I just thought of is that the game may be ( I don't remember) started under the prepatched version, and I'm now playing it under the patched version. I will try a fresh game tonight and see if I can still do it in that game.

Comment

Well, I tried it a new game. And it did the same thing. After approximately 32! turns, the dwarf transformed two bedrocks into a "alimentary canal, diamonds". It appears to function like a "Tunnel, diamonds" (1 food, 6 trade). Significantly, it appears to consistently have the diamonds special...pretty nice, but I don't think it's "operating as planned".

A glance at the rules.txt reveals:
          @TERRAIN2
          Bedrock, 3,2, 0,0,0, no, 0,0,0, Hil, 0,3,0, no, yes,; Drt - impassable

As far as I can tell, it's set correctly to work as advertised in the book, it just doesn't do it. Oops.

Comment

I've tried to duplicate your bug but have been unsuccessful so far. If you will, could you please send a save of the your most recent game (preferably just before you order the dwarf to start mining) to me at
            muhl@microprose.com. If you don't have that position, please send me what you have anyway. By the way, you never mention whether you are playing the fantasy game or Midgard.

thanks

Comment

Well , I also met this 'alimentary canal',but I`ve experimented a little , and what I got:
              after mining it became 'tunnel,alimentary canal', after that I transformed it ('o') and got 'blue room ,alimentary canal'. And what`s the most interesting: it functions like blue room (2 shields,2 food), and gives 2 trade , so that`s very nice , cos it`s always making me ill, that I have food , great production,but no trade in blue room cities

Comment

Working...
              X