Civil War Question???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil War Question???????????

I'm just wondering here. When I play against computer opponents and I take their Capital City, the computer Civ would split into two nations. Is the Civil War only intended for the computer players or could it happen to the player 1 "YOU"? Can your Civilization split into two nations if your Capital has been taken? So far I've tried it but nothing happens. I allow for another civ to take my Capital and I only have 5 Civs playing with the "Start other play unlicked","meaning the Civ can start again in the game.". thanks......Civfan
    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Can you imagine how ticked off and frustrated players would get if losing their capital city triggered a civil war in which they lost half their empire? No, no, no--it only happens to AI civilizations. It just wouldn't be fair to do something that drastic to players (or smart--they'd probably storm my castle...er, house...in the middle of the night with torches and farm implements).

Comment

I have been playing Civ2 for years, and have never had a civ split in two when I took the capitol. Is this random and I've just never had it happen, or is there a setting somewhere in the rules.txt that I've missed?

Comment

Two things must happen:
        1) There must be less than 7 civs
        2) The difficulty must be more than Chieftain

I'm curious though, will the aliens split into two nations if you take their capital?
        [This message has been edited by DarthVeda (edited October 05, 1999).]

Comment

I think it may happen more often if there are just a few civs. Go and play the "Ice Planet" scenario in "Fantastic Worlds" -- only two other civs besides yours. It's guaranteed to happen in that one: happened three times in that one game for me, and actually became an integral part of combat strategy.

Comment

speaking as a player i would love to see the nation splitting option work for the human player(s) as well. sure it would be a horrible blow but that would make you careful to defend well. i think it would add another great element to the game.

Comment

I agree with Solson's statement. It would add another great element to the game. Maybe something for CivIII. I was wondering though, if your computer opponent had only three cities and you captured their capital city, would that Civ still spilt into two nations as there would now only be two cities in that Civ? ......Civfan
              Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
              X