The Last City Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last City Style

I've noticed that the box that used to be modern alternate is now Renaissance, but that in some scenarios it is actually used. For example, in Midgard the Stygians actually use that city style. How do you program it in as the style for a civ in a scenario?

It appears to work the same way that the Industrial and Modern City Styles do; it's connected to advances (Industrial requires Industrialization and Modern requires Electronics and Automoblie). I haven't figured out yet, which tech(s) change the style to Renaissance. If you give whichever tech it is to a specific civ. and then make it unavailable compeletly, you can create a unique city type.

------------------
    Jason the Argonaut
    "I like horses. Thank You."
    -Daniel MacIvor
    -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

The Renaissance Style is tied to Invention. Hope that helps you Giant Squid.

Comment

Thanks JohnPC. I've played the Original Extended game through once and was surprised when all of my buildings suddenly changed. I didn't notice which tech it was connected to because I was at first so baffled!

------------------
        Jason the Argonaut
        "I like horses. Thank You."
        -Daniel MacIvor
        -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

I hate that city style - it's horrible. All the ancient ones look better. Still I suppose it's an incentive to research quicker than ever!

Comment

I'm glad they found a way to include a new style. That means that each civ can now have it's own architecture.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Re: The Last City Style

Originally posted by Giant Squid
              I've noticed that the box that used to be modern alternate is now Renaissance, but that in some scenarios it is actually used. For example, in Midgard the Stygians actually use that city style. How do you program it in as the style for a civ in a scenario?
              Just make sure that the civ that you want to use the renaissance style has invention and philosophy, and that no other civ does.
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
              X