Maybe I'm nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I'm nuts

Let me start by stating that I've been playing civ for years. Many a time I would begin a game on a rainy Sunday morning and finish that night. When I began playing TOT I noticed I could finish a game in about 4 hours! Has anyone else found that this game goes MUCH faster? Or am I nuts here?

I am playing the Original game. It doesn't seem any faster to me. It could be the way I'm playing but it seems a lot longer. I play for about 1 to 2 hours every day and it has been going on for a total of about 12 hours. I'm only in 1500 ad.
    Things I've done different in this game though, are playing on my own map of western europe with tons of hills and forest.
    As you start in 4000 bc, I thought it made sense to cover all of europe in forest (even spain, as it was), and where there isn't forest, mostly hills, mountains, a few plains and grassland. It's really cut down on expansion and growth, but it is tons of fun. Also, I've rearranged the civs to be all west eur civs playing at the same time, so we are all pretty close. I completely soaked the alps (huge in my map) with defense, and have to transport food to the cities up there to keep them alive. Since I have so many troops out, I've had to stay in monarchy and communism.
    I'll send you the map if you like, and you can slow down the game quite a bit with it.

Comment

Working...
    X