Another Scenario Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Scenario Idea

Since it is possible to link 4 maps together, why not design a sci-fi scenario where from earth you move to a map of space. This central map would contain scattered star systems, some of which would permit the establishment of outposts. Three systems would contain links to the other maps, representing habitable planets. You'd place civs on all three planets. As your civ competed with others on earth, grew, and became space capable, so would some of the civs on the other maps. By the time you reached space you might have to fight your way to the other planets, or maybe one of the civs from the other planets would reach your planet first. Hmmm... I wonder if it would be possible to put barbarians in space?
    In order to make this scenario you'd have to make special terrains for the central space map, including space, stars, planets, somewhat similar to the "Star Trek" mod pack for CivII. You would need to have space ship units for the central map, outpost cities for defense in space, and maybe some high tech units (space marines, hover tanks, orbital bombers, etc.) to build when you reach the other planets.
    Is all this possible? Pity you can't put more than 7 civs in the game.
    BTW, if I want to build an extended (multimap) game using maps imported from CivII how do I put transport points on the maps to link them? There is no editor mode!
    Also, the import function is part of the cheat menu. How do I import the maps and then turn cheat back off in order to make a scenario that "counts"?
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

The same way you do in any scenario. When you save it as a scenario, the cheating doesn't count, because it took place while you were building the scenario.

Once you've got your maps in palce and you want to place transport sites, you do it the same way you would place Airbases or Mining, with settler-type units capable of building them. You can always reset the date, so the time they spend building your sites in inconsequential.

Comment

Pretty cool scenario idea!

Some suggestions:
      1) Since you're going to have maybe two civs per "habitable planet", to encourage competition, makes the maps smaller than typical.

2) Just to keep the "habitable planets" with an equal number of civs (if you care) put the 7th civ in the central space map as an entirely spacegoing race of aliens (hmm...borg?)

Comment

I'm vaguely doing an idea like that, it's based on Star Wars ang all four maps are of scattered star systems.

One thing I do need help on though is some unit drawings of ANY Star Wars units and some ideas for some techs please.

------------------
        The key to success is winning!!

Comment

Don't put the earth in the scenario. Than you not have to discover all the things you need to go in space first. And there only should be one civ from earth. The others should be aliens. Babariens in space: Space-Pirates! They come on your ship and get it, if you lose in a battle.

It'll be a very, very, very great scenario! Thank you very, very, very much!

Mark
          [This message has been edited by Mark Haertl (edited September 28, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
          X