Error, please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error, please help me

I'm not really sure what is going on, but after I installed the patch I get this error message every time:

A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C02857F8 In VXD VMM(06) + 000047F8.
    Its that windows error message with the blue screen and white text, and after that it tells you about pressing ctrl alt del and losing unsaved information.

Its weird. I've had this problem before installing the patch. It seems that when it would happen, two files would be created in my ToT directory. These files are "smeds.log" and "XDaemon.log". If I deleted them and restarted my computer, the game would work. But now after the patch, it still won't work even after doing that.

Your machine is calling for a 32 bit device driver that isn't installed (removed most likely).

Check your *.dll s and *.vxd s , reinstall the game, check memory, are among some potential solutions...

Comment

I tried reinstalling, and that did not work.

Comment

It could be a quite involved process, but it seems to be completly related with your system (OS in specific), so your best option is to contact MicroProse Tech Support, via phone.

Comment

I fixed it. The problem was my civ2tot wouldn't install the directX drivers properly. I found that out by installing another game that uses the drivers.

But I noticed something. The patch's terrain animation override didn't work, and static unit animation worked on all the units except whatever unit you were moving, which would be in its original graphic state. Why is this?

Comment

You weren't trying this on a pre-patch saved game, were you?

Comment

Yes.....

If I save it as a scenario, then play it, will it still act the same?

Comment

The patch doesn't affect games saved before you installed the patch. Saving it as a scenario might fool the game into making the patch fixes to the save, but I haven't tried it myself, so I can't make any promises.
                [This message has been edited by John Possidente (edited September 28, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
                X