World War Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War Z

Has anyone ever considered making a scenario out of Max Brooks' book 'World War Z'? I'm not sure how it would work, but it's a killer of a book (no pun intended) and it should be possible to make a Civ 2 scenario based around fighting Zombies on a grand scale. It would probably work best as a continent level scenario.

If you haven't read the book, I strongly recomend it! http://www.amazon.com/World-War-Z-Hi...8228938&sr=1-1
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

It's a good book - I read it this year.

The only problem I have with with zombies is that the are an easy military target to kill, despite what the movies show us.
    A few barrages from a missile launcher could annihilate these rotten geezers. Then I guess the launcher would run out of
    ammo eventually.... It would be interesting to show how large urban areas cope with an influx of zombies, given that
    no-one believes in these monsters, until it is way too late. The sheer numbers of undead would be the real zombie power.

The zombies could be the barbarian civ, but given a slew of super powered units...Or perhaps units with low defence and
    large hit points, meaning they could be taken out easily at first, but every attack would whittle down the the living
    defenders - There are many interesing pathways to take with a scenario of this type...

Good apocalyptic fun!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Though I've never read the above book...perhaps what you could even do would be to work on a smaller scale. A city would be a great setting(in the style of 28 Days Later perhaps). Or a mission driven scenario....perhaps a small squad of Royal Marines sent rescue the Royal Family...or the SAS sent to relieve Parliament which is being overrun by the infected...anyhow just putting some ideas out there.
      Please put Asher on your ignore list.
      Please do not quote Asher.
      He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

Not a whole lot of interest? I personally am a huge fan of the whole Zombie apocalypse genre. I haven't read World War Z yet but it is in my shopping cart at amazon. I myself have thought about various different scenario possibilities. A day after one where the survivors have to make it from Milwaukee to Fiddler's Green, or possibly an Evil Ernie scenario (Lady Death comic fame) where he is leading his undead army across the U.S. Maybe something with Ash in it showing off his BOOMSTICK! IDK, my mind is a flutter with possibilities.

Edit: I just bought the book this week (Tues) and I finished it today (Sat). The first time in a long time that I have been that involved in a book. It usually takes a hell of a lot longer than 5 days for me to make it through any book. That is unless it is a little one like 1984 or something like it.
        Last edited by Jimmywax; January 27, 2008, 05:07.
        "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
        "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Working...
        X