No announcement yet.

Pablostuka's Spanish Civil War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this in the WW2 unit thread, tweaked from a Fairline unit by Pablo himself. Have you found it yet McMonkey?
    Attached Files

Comment

Perfecto!
      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
      SL INFORMATION THREAD
      CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

hello!

Maybe it's not too late to say hi!

I was bored and used Google to see if there were any news about civ2, apolyton and all that stuff I abandoned long ago, then I came here!

I am very surprised that my scenario is still "alive", and that there is a complete upgrade for ToT going on! You guys are doing a great job.

Good luck, McMonkey, you will need it! You have great ideas that will improve the playability, I had many limitations with MGE and I have to say that the events are not as complete as I wished.

I retired from Civ 2 creation and PBEM playing like 4 years ago, more or less, but last year I installed the game and played a few AI games, it reminded me how much fun and entertaing this game is. But I have no time for this, and I mostly forgot about scenario creation, unit design...etc

Anyway, if you need any help about historical events, units...etc, maybe I can help, I have tons of books, old newspapers, pictures...etc, about the Civil War, you can always send me a PM, my Apolyton account as you can see is still alive

Well, good luck, you have my support.

Regards,

Pablo
        Last edited by Pablostuka; April 4, 2010, 19:32.

Comment

Hi Pablo

Jerec and I had an excellent head to head game of your SCW scenario about two years ago. We thought of quite a few things we could do to improve the gameplay and I think I was developing the ToT version as a two player game or perhaps I was thinking of a single player version, I can't remember now. I doubt I have the time or skill to make a really good single player ToT version but I should really finish the modifications for the multiplayer one and give Jerec a re-match!

Do you remember any units or events you wanted to include but were unable to do so because of limited space?

I will dust of the SCW ToT folder and take a look at how far I had got. I don't think it needed major work, just some tweaks and additions as the game itself was already very good!
          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
          SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Hi McMonkey

I thought about releasing a new upgrade (v4.0) back in 2006, but I didn't finished it and was never released. In fact I lost all the files, but some are in the internet.

I thought about aviation aces, more armoured cars, as far as I can remember. And a major graphical update fairline's style. I also included the BT-5 tank for the republic.

Some useful links:

in Spanish (but you can see the units and attachments): http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152564

And the last one: http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123897

And now, let me do some feedback about the last units.gif you attached in the previous page:

I like a lot the new infantry graphics, mortars, trucks and armoured cars. Maybe the Republican infantry graphic should look different from the Nationalist one, you could use a French helmet, or maybe the Spanish Trubia helmet for them.

Spain didn't use a WW1 Albatros biplane!

The He-111 in the war was the B version, without all that glass cockpit.

About the ships, the Canarias cruiser had a single chimney, as well as the España class dreaghnout. There is a decent looking Canarias cruiser in one of the links provided above.

Great idea adding cavalry units and MG I love them.

Good job!!!

Comment

Some of the aircraft (Albatros or my rendering of a Polikarpov RZ ) are place holders until I can find something better. I will probably revise the graphics many times before I'm satisfied with the final batch.

I'm not sure how much use was made of Cavalry during the SCW but I know there is horses in Spain and it seems logical that people would have utilized them to give infantry some mobility. I am guessing there were no 'Charge of the Light Brigade' style actions, but they would just represent Infantry that travelled between actions on horseback then fought dismounted. Perhaps you could comment on this?

I would like to introduce stackable terrain and forbid road pillaging. I would also like to increase unit movement rates. This will allow offensives to move much quicker.

I would probably ditch trade units altogether as it isn't that type of scenario.

I have a copy of Antony Beevor's 'The Battle for Spain' which I started to read a little while ago. I really enjoyed his Stalingrad and Berlin books, but I'm afraid the start of the Battle for Spain was a real bore. I could not keep track of all the different political organizations, unions etc... Each one had a different abbreviation (UGT, CNT, PSOE, CONCA, CEDA, PSUC and so on). It all got a bit too much for me to take in so I gave up. Perhaps I should just skip to the start of the war as that is more relevant to what I am trying to do and get a more general overview of the causes from Wikipedia.

I guess a lot of this information is not essential for making some modifications to the scenario that mainly relate to the civil war anyway.
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

I know gapetit did a pretty good graphics update for one of the Spanish Civil War scenario versions, so it might be worth checking out...
                The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
                2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

Thanks. I think I have plundered his update already, but I will double check it!
                  SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                  SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

I think it's excellent news that is going to bring more units and events for TOT the magnificent scenery of Pablo.
                    Hola Pablo, esto es como montar en bicicleta, nunca se olvida del todo.
                    Saludos,
                    Petit

Comment

I wouldn't hold your breath. I have lots of good intentions, but when it comes down to the hard work of finishing projects I can be extremely lazy. I will get this done at some point, but it may not be imminent as in right now. I wish I had a bit more discipline, but at least I recognise my weakness and can try and work on it
                      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                      SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Working...
                      X