Civ II from Civ Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ II from Civ Chronicles

I have recently bought Civilization Chronicles and according to the readme files you have to have disc 2 in your drive to be able to listen to the soundtrack for Civ II and Civ II Test of Time, but when I click on "Pick Music" in either games I get a message saying I can't use this option unless the Civ II cd is in the drive. When I inspect the CD I do not see any audio tracks and my normal cd player does not read the disc either. Ofcourse, not having the soundtrack for the Civ II games isn't such a big deal considering they usually got repetitive anyhow, but this is not the only problem I have with Civ II.

When I try to load the scenarios from the expansions for Civ II, I get an error message. The file mentioned is "dbgdel.cpp line:47". When I press ignore I get 2 more error messages; "dbgheap.c line:1011 and line:1017". Then the game crashes and I get a send error report option from Windows XP. With some of the scenarios this does not happen, but after the scenario is fully loaded and you try to move a unit at the start it immediately crashes. The scenarios from the "Best of Net" folders do not even get that far. They either crash right after selecting the scenario or just before starting the scenario. In total only about 5 out of 35 scenarios work, but who knows, maybe those are faulty after playing longer than 10 seconds

Eventhough I only bought this collection box to get Civilization IV, it would be nice that all the goodies I payed extra for work completely. Hence this post. Are there any other people who had problems with Civ Chronicles and maybe know how to fix these nagging problems ?

I have the music problem myself. One of the readme files says that the score didn't fit on the Civ1/Civ2 CD. It's supposed to be on the CD with the manuals, but in some (not all) cases, it's not there either. I can start both versions of Civ2 with the manual CD, but the music just isn't there. I remember reading somewhere that the publisher is willing to send you a replacement CD, but I have no idea how this would work. For me, the music is not important enough to spend the time.

I haven't played any of the scenarios yet and I am away from the disks so I cannot comment at the moment.

If you haven't done so yet, you should try playing the main game with the manual CD. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

I actually tried using both Disc 1 and 2 (Disc 2 being the manual cd), but no luck. Found another good forum site at Civ Fanatics and it seems there are quite a few people with the soundtrack problem. Some actually sent there disc back, but haven't heard a sollution from the publisher in a long long time. Considering I dont find the music for the 2 Civ II games that important I guess I'll just accept the fact I will have to run my own music while playing those games in the future.

The scenario problem still exists though and thats what bugging me most. Basicly it installs all the scenario's from the 2 expansions, but almost none work. So frustrating.

Ah well. Atleast I am glad to see Civ I + Civ III are fully updated to their latest versions from the box and actually are working perfectly. Makes the extra 5 euro's I spent worth it already!

Comment

If you use the Modification That Cannot Be Named, then any CD with the right number of tracks can be substituted for the Civ2 music.

Dunno if that works for ToT
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
        X