Calling St. Leo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling St. Leo!

Can you help us fix the SL site? Please?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Has the spamming problem been solved or has it been possible to remove the spam only for the time being?
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

The spamming is not the worst problem. The code (or whatever) apparently got screwed up when they transferred Poly over to the new server. There are error messages on the page, and much of the menu is gone.

I think we could fix the spamming thing if new people had to apply for a log-in. It would keep our the spam-bots, which are the problem. Or so I understand.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Done:
        - Navigation fixed
        - Layout fixed
        - File uploads reenabled
        - Only existing users can register new users
        - Having a confirmed email account is now required for a bunch of things
        - Uploads from URL enabled

Sorry it took so long.

Register users here:

Ban users here:

Edit navigation links here:

Let me know if there any issues. My email is leons.petrazickis at gmail.com
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Wonderful. Thanks Leons. We do appreciate it!

btw, is there a list of registered users?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I should elaborate.

The problem with the navigation was that MediaWiki switched from a configuration file to an editable page. Our skin is hardcoded, and so it didn't know how to handle the new sidebar. I'm not sure why it didn't croak right after Gramphos' upgrade.

I've also exposed all the Scenario categories in the sidebar.

The footer was kinda wonky. It's now fixed at the bottom.

The tabs are gone, and the user options are now also in the sidebar.

Before, you enabled uploads by setting wgDisableUploads to false in the configuration file. Now, you enable uploads by setting wgEnableUploads to true.

Uploads from URL seems like a pretty powerful feature to me. It's now much easier to copy files from other sites to SLeague.

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
              Wonderful. Thanks Leons. We do appreciate it!

btw, is there a list of registered users?
              No worries.:-)

Special Pages:

User list:

Unfortunately, the list of all users is not very useful. There's no way to hide banned users.

Comment

I was wondering if we could identify some of the spambots. For example, on the list there are 17 users with the letters RD followed by eight numbers. I assume those are bots. Perhaps we should just delete them.

I'm also surprised at how many users there are, most of whom I've never heard of. Again, just a suggestion, but perhaps we should require everyone to re-register, using the new system.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                  I was wondering if we could identify some of the spambots. For example, on the list there are 17 users with the letters RD followed by eight numbers. I assume those are bots. Perhaps we should just delete them.

I'm also surprised at how many users there are, most of whom I've never heard of. Again, just a suggestion, but perhaps we should require everyone to re-register, using the new system.
                  The RD crowd was blocked in March and April of 2006.

List of blocked users:

I don't know of a way to purge blocked users, or list only unblocked users.

Deleting all users seems very drastic. Also, I'd need the site admins to give me access to a database console, which would take forever.

I could potentially install some extensions -- antispam blacklist, confirm to edit -- and re-enable free registration.

Comment

Working...
                  X