Reporting back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting back

It has been quite a while since my last appearance on this board and I had my reasons for it.

During the month of May I have been to Zadar, Croatia, to conduct research for my PhD thesis, i.e. I was in the State Archive there to acquire some of source texts - and ended up with about 9.000 pictures of documents from the 16th century. Since then I was trying to get into them and to achieve some progress for my thesis.

I have made some backup copy of my Civ2 TOT scenario folder as I am not really able to use my PC too much longer now. That is the good news. The not-quite-so-good news is that I own a copy of TOT for PC - and I am desperately inquiring whether or not TOT exists also for Mac - does anyone know?

Oh, and before I forget: I will try to spend some more time on the forums here ...

Hello Steph Any plans to contiue with your Renaissance scanrio?
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Well, plans yes, so to say. Unfortunately, as pointed out above, I can not use my PC (onto which I installed my copy of ToT), and all I have got left is my Mac laptop - but no ToT copy for Mac available ...

Comment

Steph my friend I refuse to believe that in this the year 2007 there is no way to get you a copy of ToT for a good old Mac. It was made at one point was it not? ToT for Mac I mean? Did anyone out there ever purchase a copy or know where one can be "acquired"?

Also, glad to hear your trip back to the 16th century was helpful and productive

Comment

As a Mac user, I have to say that while there is no native Mac version of ToT, you can run it if you have Virtual PC or, if your Mac is one of the Intel ones, you can run it on the PC side.

Both are work, and getting files from the Mac side to the PC side is a sinch (window the PC side and drag the files w/Virtual PC, click on the PC disk on the Mac side w/the Intel Mac...)
          The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
          2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

Mhm, Chris, it is good to have you still around! I hope everything with you is alright

@ GhostOfDisco: Could you explain that thing I read about on the web a little more?

Comment

Working...
            X