Aeterna Civitas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by techumseh
    It's been years since my experiment, but I recall that they do not keep the techs that you give them.
    How long does it take for them to lose the techs? What if you gave them the tech by events every turn?
    Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
    Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
    POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
    LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

• So many questions . . .

Is it possible to;

1. Create a lake in the middle of a mountain range (like the Alps, say . . .) in order to prevent the movement of land units, but not air units . . .

2. Cover it up with the goody hut graphic . . . made to look like a mountain, . . . even though there are no huts in the scen.

Eivind's Norway scen used the pollution graphic for this purpose, but in the application I'm thinking of, pollution is already being used ...as pollution. Will the hut graphic work? Will it, can it passively cover/hide?
      Lost in America.
      "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
      "or a very good liar." --Stefu
      "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• I've seen that trick used before. However, You can't have control over where goody huts are placed can you? Would airbases or railroads work?
        Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
        Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

• Perhaps because I'm exceedingly bored . . .

Here is what happened when I tested;

1.) pop 1 city, no walls

2.) attacking unit from civ #3 attacks

3.) 2 defending units from civ #1 & 1 defending unit from civ #2

result;

The city is destroyed, and takes the 2nd defending unit from civ#1 with it . . .

BUT

The civ #2 unit, after the city has been destroyed, is now there, whereas it was undetectable (unless the city is empty of civ #1's troops, then it IS visible in Civ #1's city menu).

I can think of a unique use for this; Starting a "new" civ midgame. The specified civ could have several settlers placed in cities NOT its own, but, as long as some of these units are settlers, it can have NO CITIES, and still exist. If there were several hidden settlers in several unowned cities, then the chance that the civ be eliminated is minimized. If there were enough of these little hidden settlers, you could actually create an entire "hidden" or "ghost" civ. Maybe make them zombies of persons who lived in the now destroyed cities they occupied. Of course, the terrain and cities MUST be set up in a way that they 1.) cannot build walls, and 1.) do not grow above 1 pop.

Ghostlands or Land of the Dead kinda thing.

If the attacking unit belongs to civ #2, the newly-freed settler (if the land where the city was is suitable. . . ) will/can then build a city. Given that the civ in question has NO cities at that point, it's a safe bet (if, see suitability thing above) that it will, whereupon the attacking unit will move into the city. This can also be scheduled by a createunit event that deploys the attacking unit. Choose a turn, create a new civ. Multiple such events can create a pretty sizeable new civ if everything is put together right. The fantasy element seems to work best with this. For example, have a hidden valley of pop 1 cities, limited by gov & terrain so they don't grow. Peaceful dwarf towns. On the specified turn create the Winds-o-Change unit which goes around and destroys the dwarf towns, that are then replaced immediately by the hidden settlers, Evil Gnomes, a completely different civ. The Evil Gnomes can be forced into a more productive gov using cheat menu, so that, when they appear, they'll use the same terrain, but they'll grow. A dozen createunit events=a dozen cities. You could also arrange so that the numbers of dwarf cities was exactly equal to the createunit events, thereby eliminating the dwarf civ with the last city destroyed. I can think of more uses for this, but I'll stop now, just saying that this idea has wings, and can easily be applied to any period where you need a new civ created midgame.

Has this been done?
          Last edited by Exile; August 23, 2008, 18:45.
          Lost in America.
          "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
          "or a very good liar." --Stefu
          "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• Is this scenario ready for a PBEM game? If so count me in?

Comment

• Somehow I missed your last post Exile. Reading now!

Salaambo
              I'm not sure the multiplayer community at Apolyton is still active, well actually its dead! However there is still a small but hardcore of CivII multiplayer fanatics at
              Civ Webring. It is a German language forum but a lot of the guys there speak good English and there are free language translator sites available online. All that we ask is that players are reliable and play fair. We are in the middle of a game of Aeterna Civitas II right now but I know we need players for other games. If you are interested in joining a game then we need someone to take over a faction in our game of Seize the Crown. If you are interested in playing then let me know
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
              SL INFORMATION THREAD
              CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• Recently Nichael (at Civ Fanatics) made a modified version of my Aeterna Civitas 2 scenario tailored for single player. I have been very slow in adding the files to my scenario host but here it now is: Aeterna Civitas II Freeplay
                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                SL INFORMATION THREAD
                CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Working...
                X