PBEM SP ro MP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM SP ro MP?

A recent debate has surfaced about the function of PBEM games. I was curious about other views on the subject and wanted to get some opinions.

Are PBEM games essentially:

1. A Single Player game, that should follow the rules and behavior of any standard SP game.

2. A Multi Player game that is shared by email rather than a simultanious connection and should follow the rules and behavior of any standard MP game.

Feel free to coment.
    PBEM is SP by email, SP rules should apply
    33.33%
    PBEM is MP, and the rules should be MP rules
    0.00%
    Neither, PBEM is totaly different
    66.67%
    Bannanna Nana Fo-Fanna
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

What do you mean by SP and MP rules?

I'm not sure I understand the alternatives. Do you mean that with alt. 1 you play by the rules you would versus the computer AI, meaning taking advantage of various game flaws?

PBEMs are of course MP as you have human opponents. But then again, I'll abstain from voting until it's clear what they mean exactly.
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

In MP you can manipulate your city workers, rush production, adjust taxes, and swap units with other civs when it isn't your turn. In SP once you hit Enter you can do nothing until the AIs are done with their turns.

I must have voted in this earlier because I only see the completed poll. I certainly don't think it is SP with intelligent opponents, so I must have voted "neither."

I think it is closer to MP than SP.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
      X