Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Background of a tactical middle age scenario ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background of a tactical middle age scenario ?

Knights, Castles, Archers. Which theme could fit to small scale (but large map) medieval "Stronghold" scen in Civ, so that a whole castle can be represented by up to 9 tiles (Citiy in the center and wall around). I`d like to have some smaller duchies standing against each other rather than greater kingdoms.

Sounds interesting. What do you mean by "which theme"?

Comment

Using the trees/hills/river tiles in Terrain2, you could create impassable walls around the castle too!

Attached Files
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Elensar
        Sounds interesting. What do you mean by "which theme"?
        lol, that was a headache. I forgot that there are words like "topic" in English to describe what I meant.

@curt: Yeah! I had several obscure ideas yesterday. One of them was a top of walls map that is passable by teleports next to the impassable walls on the ground map. Settlers could create storm ladders representing such elevators, so that climb-able units can go up to the pinnacles to assault the defenders.

Comment

Hm. If you've heard of Lords of the Realm, I earnestly advise looking into that as an example.

I'd just have a "war for the crown" scenario (thusly) but with fewer cities than may otherwise be used, and with less emphasis on any distance between cities.

No need to use actual history as a direct model.

Until inspirations strikes, that's the best I can think of.

Comment

I once thought of making a tactical scenario about the battle of Pellenor fields. I wanted to make Minas Tirith huge but though it was really hard to make the outter walls impassable. Using ToT is probably the way to go, but archer is still not real archers in Civ.
            "Peace cannot be kept by force.
            It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

You could...and this would be easier said than done, maybe: Make archers missile (air unit) carrying units. Call the "missiles" "Arrow volley" and give it a range of two or three. (maybe only one)

Its imperfect, and you'd have to find a way to handle resupplying that wasn't a pain, but its the best thing I can think of.

Comment

Yeah I thought of that, but I wanted it to be a SP scenario, which makes it impossible.
                "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Yeah, there's no way the AI will handle it well, and you need to at least represent catapult missiles as well for Mordor, even if you conclude that only Gondor has archer units.

Ah well. Stupid AI.

Comment

Hi Batto, sounds a nice plan

Keep us updated

Know where you're going to study yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X