Bonaparte PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonaparte PBEM

Is there any interest in starting a Bonaparte II PBEM ?

British Empire -
    Kingdom of Prussia -
    Habsburg Empire/Austria - NikolajRomanov/Ar-Pharazôn
    Russians - Werd
    French - Academia
    Spanish -

House rules ?
    Last edited by NikolajRomanov; May 11, 2007, 00:10.
    "Et deus dixit fiat lux !"
    "Everything is proceeding as i have foreseen."
    "I love Democracy Ilove the Republic ..."

i´ve never played this one. i´d like to give it a try

give me france
    South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
    Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Is this John Ellis' Bonaparte?
      If so where can I download #II?

I would like to play Russia. I was given a good book on the Napoleonic period at christmas and now would be a good time to read it!
      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
      SL INFORMATION THREAD
      CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

wow, i love this scenario too much. i played PBEMs as Spain, France, Sweden und Russia some time ago.

i won 3 times and i lost one pbem:

playing as France, i defeated a coallition of England-Russia-Austria-Prussia.

playing as Russia. i defeated a coallition of Prussia-Austria.

playing as Sweden, I defeated Britain. (good war in the North Sea)

and playing as Spain, i was brutally defeated by British and France....

a pitty i don't have time to play this, but with reliable players and keeping a good speed, it's a very entertaining game.

you really learn to play with terrain bonus.

@werd: here are the links, scenario files and graphics.

Last edited by Bostero; May 10, 2007, 20:18.

Comment

Thanks Bostero

I am 100% up for this as the Russians! Love the look of the game. I am keeping the original terrain and cities and using Fairline's units and Flags. May do a few minor modifications to suit myself but the game looks really interesting and well balanced!

As Bostero said, a nice fast paced game would be good. If I have to wait a week + for my turn I tend to lose interest
          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
          SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Ar-Pharazôn? I thought you vanished after beeing caught red handed cheating...? You can't just vanish out of the blue and return like nothing ever happened. People should know your history before they accept you or not.

He cheated new units (and movement?) in this PBEM that continued from EVO games before the migration. Rebel stepped in to save the game once Pharazon vanished. The game ultimately died.
            Last edited by Eivind IV; May 11, 2007, 07:37.
            Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

I talked and tried to talk with the players of the Belle Epoque PBEM. My memory might fail me in respect to the exact persons I had the oportunity to contact but Miko belonged to them IIRC.
              And you know that I was about to post the re-played turn but the site dissapeared. I came online almost every day for some weeks to search for a sign of EVO games and our PBEM but there was nothing and in the end I decided it was not worth the efforts since nobody seemed to have any interest in informing me what had happened to the site or where to continue the game.

Considering the cheating: I created 2 Battleships for Japan. X.X
              It was an mistake I should not have done but I don't think I deserve any special treatment for that or should I call around that Typhoon was/is a cheater too ? :P He did exactly the same in that PBEMs predecessor and he even played Japan too.
              So what ? Nobody is perfect :P He made a mistake and probably won't do it again that soon.
              Last edited by NikolajRomanov; May 11, 2007, 10:23.

Comment

Had you come back with open cards, you wouldn't have me on your back, but I must say that your rationalizing of the cheating is quite disturbing. Whether or not it was 2 or 100 ships is indifferent, as is the fact that someone did before what you did. I agree that people deserve a second chance, but a little humbleness wouldn't hurt.

Anyways, I'll let the others decide if they want to attend this PBEM or not.

Good luck!
                Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

The whole time EVO existed I had added in my profile that I am also active in Apolyton from time to time as Nikolaj Romanov and I contacted you as well as Miko well before I posted this. I just didn't got an answer (exept from Miko)
                  Does Typhoon have to say "Hi I am/was a cheater do you want to join a PBEM with me ?" before hosting.

Comment

Sorry NikolajRomanov but I'm out. Nothing personal.
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                    SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Working...
                    X