ToT events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT events

Since i haven't yet mastered the ToT events engine i was wondering if there is a way to create an event such as this;

IF improvement X is built by civ Y then every # turns thereafter civ Y gets unit A.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

The following, taken from the intricate events file for Boco's El Aurens scen, suggests that it can certainly be done. Replace the JustOnce and ChangeTerrain with CreateUnit etc.

@IF
    CityProduction
    builder=Entente Allies
    improvement=19
    @THEN
    JustOnce
    ChangeTerrain
    map=2
    terraintype=4
    maprect
    @ENDIF
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Pipe up, if I'm wrong.

Actually EAv2's events are less intricate than many in some important respects: I think it is largely flagless and without thresholds. It only seems intricate because of an arcane commenting system.

There are a couple of ways to skin this cat, but they count the interval relative to turn 1, not the turn the improvement is completed. The following is related to Agricola's suggestion, but it's recurring. IIRC unlike CityProduction, ReceivedTechnology is a repeating trigger.

@IF
      CityProduction
      builder=Legion Etranger
      improvement=19
      @THEN
      GiveTechnology
      @END

@IF
      ReceiveTechnology
      @AND
      TurnInterval
      interval=x
      @THEN
      @ENDIF

I think the sequence goes like this (if not, it'll be corrected soon). Complete the improvement on turn n. Next turn (n+1) the civ gets the new tech. Beginning on n+2, every turn that meets the 1/x criterion triggers the action.

If you need the count relative to the turn the improvement is completed, you might need to invoke a sequential multiple flag scheme.
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Interesting.

And can one design "tech paths" in ToT?

F.e:

IF tech A is researched remove tech B from research tree.
        IF tech B is researched remove tech A from research tree.

Although now that i come to think of it, that would propably affect all civs not just the one that researched it.

On second though, both techs A&B could have a "hidden" prerequisite tech given to all civs at the start, and when a civ researches A or B that prerequisite could be removed from the corresponding civ's techs.
        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Aha!

All civs could start out with the "Pagan Herritage" tech.
          When ,via events, a civ receives "The Schism", the "Orthodox path" and "Catholic path" techs become available(having each as prerequisites the Schism and Pagan techs). When either Orthodox path or Catholic path is researched events remove the Pagan Herritage tech and voila!

I'm in total genius mode at the momment.

Comment

Working...
          X